Stretching

blackkatt

Re: Stretching

Put me down in the grab camp on this one.

I always considered the 'use my body as the entangle' sfx a bit of a stretch. :doi:

From my version of Plastic Man as a beginning character:

4u 2) Elastic Wrap: (Total: 75 Active Cost, 36 Real Cost) +35 STR, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (44 Active Points); Limited Power Only For Holding On With Grabs (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Conditional Power Powers do not work in extreme cold (-1/4) (Real Cost: 16)

plus

Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4); Conditional Power Powers do not work in extreme cold (-1/4) for up to 25 Active Points of STR (6 Active Points); Limited Power Only For Holding On With Grabs (-1) (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Stretching 2", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); Conditional Power Powers do not work in extreme cold (-1/4), Limited Power Affected by Adjustments as an EC (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10)

plus

Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Conditional Power Powers do not work in extreme cold (-1/4), Limited Power Affected by Adjustments as an EC (-1/4) (Real Cost: 7)

Notes: This can be combined with Martial Grab for a total of 80 STR for holding on and makes it easier to maintain with Costs END Only To Activate.

I also envisioned this ability partly on the scene in "The Incredibles" where Elasti-Girl is holding the Winnebago inside of the 2nd rocket en-route to New York.

Re: Stretching

Okay' date=' I have a question. Making a character with stretching who can wrap his body around people and entangle them that way. I want an advantage where he takes damage when the entangle is broken. I figure it would work like a reverse backlash, but...anyone have any other ideas?[/quote']

Feedback is a -1 Limitation on Entangles where the Character takes all the damage that would otherwise effect the 'Entangle' when someone tries to break the Target out. Since Entangle has a DEF+Body I would buy half as many Dice of Entangle as you would do with Strength Damage, this generally equals on the 'amount of grab strength' involved.

There's a good build in the Ultimate Metamorph (p160) and UNTIL Superpowers Database (p215)

Or, you could simply use the Grab Maneuver as has been suggested. Though there's no easy way to model how you take Damage when someone attempts to break out of the Grab, possibly a Physical Complication.