Internal Computer

Alverant

Re: Internal Computer

Also, since these would have to be connected to a centralized network to be very useful, you just have to put a virus in the central hub that sends itself out to the brain computers as an official software patch.

Which is what makes them different from an FBI laptop, because those are either connected to the internet, a very decentralized network, or not connected to a network at all.

So being hooked into a highly secure network is what makes them more vulnerable?

It's the Galactic Police, for a Champion's game. Why can't they have a super-firewall. Sure, a hacker might get in now and then, but it's a GM plot device at that point.

I don't think there would be any need for the computer rules - it sounds like SFX to me.

No doubt.

Next question is why would someone use this tech if 50 thousand basement hackers are going to use it to screw them over?

because you need to connect to the 'borg's data uplink port or to the maintenance data port on the cyber system. Try getting a POed 200kg-1000kg Cyborg restrained long enough to allow you to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I'm sayin'. The arrest/mortality rate among those 50,000 hackers will be sky-high. There's a reason why the best hackers put a joke on the Pentagon's computers instead of really screwing them over.

I just don't think the 'menace of the basement hackers' is as great as it's being made-out to be.