Looking for Some Input

Dspin0212

Im set to finally play in a hero game. my group and I are new to both the hero system and 6th edition. I would humbly like to ask if anyone could help me make a lowpower superhuman character. the array of powers im looking for is electricity blast, the ability to charge up by soaking up Electricity, some sort of stun or disorient, some sort of drain but i dont know what stat i would be draining as an electric hero and maybe some sort of movement augementation either from turning into electricity or maybe speed based on used electricity to make my muscles fire faster.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Looking for Some Input

Has the GM specified the number of points and complications? Has he stipulated any guidelines as to general power levels/limits? Given any example character to use as a measure of relative power level?

Also, have you written any sort of back story to the character as opposed to simply a list of powers? How did he get his/her powers? What did he do before got them? Does he still do that now or is he a full time superhero? How does he support himself? Why is he a hero instead of a villain, or simply not hiding and keeping his powers a secret, in other words, why is he a hero? One will get a better character if much of that is defined 'before' the points get spent.

James Bryant is a mechanical engineering grad student at NYU. he is one of two sons of a single mother. despite growing up poor, james isolated himself from alot of the activities of his peers and focused on his studies, acheiving a scholarship to NYU. he is young, idealistic, and overoptimistic about how much society can change. he like many people in this particular superhero world, do not know why he suddenly gained powers, he knows no one else who has them and has done moonlight hero work since shortly after gainging his powers. he avoids police, and has a secret identity thought he uses no superhero name. he supports himself by stunning and robbing drug dealers and other thugs and taking their money, before leaving htem for the police. he dislikes street crime and has dedicated his powers to dealing with it since his own brother is now serving a life sentence thanx to his involvement in a neo nazi gang. James does not share any of the bigotry of his family though he does feel a rather harsh hatred for gang criminals. (((((((300))))))) powerpoints. think XMEN where people are good at ONE thing and all their powers are offshots of that main thing. in my case the manipulation of electricity.

James Bryant is a mechanical engineering grad student at NYU. he is one of two sons of a single mother. despite growing up poor' date=' james isolated himself from alot of the activities of his peers and focused on his studies, acheiving a scholarship to NYU. he is young, idealistic, and overoptimistic about how much society can change. he like many people in this particular superhero world, do not know why he suddenly gained powers, he knows no one else who has them and has done moonlight hero work since shortly after gainging his powers. he avoids police, and has a secret identity thought he uses no superhero name. he supports himself by stunning and robbing drug dealers and other thugs and taking their money, before leaving htem for the police. he dislikes street crime and has dedicated his powers to dealing with it since his own brother is now serving a life sentence thanx to his involvement in a neo nazi gang. James does not share any of the bigotry of his family though he does feel a rather harsh hatred for gang criminals. (((((((300))))))) powerpoints. think XMEN where people are good at ONE thing and all their powers are offshots of that main thing. in my case the manipulation of electricity.[/quote']

Since this sounds like a semi-realistic, maybe gritty campaign, some obvious things like using electricity as Telekinesis vs electrically powered machines might be inappropriate, so I'll not suggest any of those. :)

Some possibilities:

• Alternate Current Touch: Blast, Double Knockback, No Range, Only vs targets w muscles or similar structures
  • Description: Target's muscles (or similar) spasms, throwing the target away from attacker.

• Direct Current Touch: Entangle, Continuous, No Range, Only while maintaining physical contact with target, Only vs targets w muscles or similar structures
  • Description: Target's muscles (or similar) cramp up, making it impossible to move.

• Hand-to-Hand Attack
  • Description: Electrically charged punch

• Drain OCV & DCV (possibly STR & DEX as well)
  • Description: Zapping the target with electricity causes muscle spasms and coordination difficulty in target.

• Aid END, Only vs END Batteries
  • Description: Charging power sources with electricity.

• Dispel vs any Electrically Powered Focus Power
  • Description: Short-circuiting devices with electricity.

Many others are of course possible, and maybe a Multipower would be appropriate, also making it easier to add new tricks as the character learns them.

The Power Skill, defined as Electricity Stunts or something similar, can be used to represent growing proficiency in such things as well as providing a rationale to add them to the character, and might be appropriate in general for a campaign featuring single powers with many applications.

Hope that helps. :)

thank you its a good start im just trying to get a sense for different ways to put stuff together

Try looking at some of the characters on this page:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/original/originalchar.html

I have a number of 6E characters there of all genres and power levels.

I'm working with the 5th Ed Revised rules, and I have a question about a DC character, Booster Gold.

Is Booster's mechanical friend (Skeets) a Sidekick or a Follower?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

More information: I'm talking about at the beginning of Booster's career (Booster Gold #1), not what happened to Skeets later on.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I (like Dspin0212) was merely looking for some input. My sincerest apologies.

I had a follow-up question regarding Skeets, but never mind.

Back on Topic:

Dspin0212, great origin story for your character! Sounds like a lot of fun to play.

Im set to finally play in a hero game. my group and I are new to both the hero system and 6th edition. I would humbly like to ask if anyone could help me make a lowpower superhuman character. the array of powers im looking for is electricity blast, the ability to charge up by soaking up Electricity, some sort of stun or disorient, some sort of drain but i dont know what stat i would be draining as an electric hero and maybe some sort of movement augementation either from turning into electricity or maybe speed based on used electricity to make my muscles fire faster.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like a Multi-power based character...maybe buy a little Absorbtion: Only vs Electric. the move power can just be Extra Running, or a Teleport, or Both with a Only through electric lines and Safe tacked on to the Teleport.

As for an "Electric "Drain...how about Dex?