Whirlwind attack?

frogboy7

Hi all. Was wondering if anyone might be able to help with a power question? I'm still learning HERO System so forgive me if this sounds kind of weak. Here goes... I'm designing a warrior type with a magic weapon that allows a range of attacks. The one i'm having trouble with is a "Whirlwind Attack" that allows the character to spin around and hit all adjacent enemies. I'm looking at a HA or maybe a limited Blast but the advantages and disadvantages available for each seem to rule both out. Like i said i'm still new here so please take it easy on the new kid :P

Re: Whirlwind attack?

The one i'm having trouble with is a "Whirlwind Attack" that allows the character to spin around and hit all adjacent enemies. I'm looking at a HA or maybe a limited Blast but the advantages and disadvantages available for each seem to rule both out.

This is how I modeled it as a generic fighting trick. I chose the damage based on the most powerful weapon in the campaign.

Sweep Attack: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Area Of Effect (2m Radius; +1/4), Selective (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF (any weapon; -1), Damage limited by weapon (-1/4), Reach limited by weapon (-0)

Re: Whirlwind attack?

Sweep Attack: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR)' date=' Area Of Effect (2m Radius; +1/4), Selective (+1/4) (60 Active Points); OAF (any weapon; -1), Damage limited by weapon (-1/4), Reach limited by weapon (-0)[/quote']

A Naked Advantage: Area Of Effect; 2m Radius Selective for any Sword.

Would these need Hole in the Middle or Personal Immunity?