Predators vs. COBRAs

Yansuf

For those who may not know the reference, COBRA is an acronim for COmputerized Body Reflex Armarment. (Yes, I know I cannot spell.) It comes from a (currently) 4 book series by Timothy Zahn. Cobras are a form of cyborgs, human soldiers enhanced but stealthed so that they cannot be told from normal humans without a (very) detailed medical scan designed for guerilla warfare.

So how do you think predators will do against them?

I think the cobras have a slight edge, but that it would be close enough that it would really depend on the skill and experience of the individuals.

Re: Predators vs. COBRAs

the Predators for the most part snipe the first targets to draw in those that would hunt them down

question 1 would be

1 can a COBRA survive a predator blaster shot to the head or chest and still function

2 how good is the COBRA in stealth and tracking

3 what kind of fire power does the COBRA have vs normals he/she is with and compare that to what the Predator can dish out

the Predators for the most part snipe the first targets to draw in those that would hunt them down

question 1 would be

1 can a COBRA survive a predator blaster shot to the head or chest and still function

2 how good is the COBRA in stealth and tracking

3 what kind of fire power does the COBRA have vs normals he/she is with and compare that to what the Predator can dish out

1. Probably not. Cobra have no armor (unless they wear some, but that doesn't work well for guerillas.) But they can take much more damage than you would expect, and get back up. (In the second book, a cobra is shot (by a shotgun as I recall) at point blank range and stunned, but the enemy assumes that he is dead. He gets up in the "morgue" and breaks out.)

2. Usually very, very good, they have enhanced senses and are trained for guerilla war.

3. Cobras have 3 lasers, two low power but lethal to unarmored targets, one very powerful (an "anti-vehicle" laser); plus several sonic weapons and a short ranged but very powerful "arc-thrower" which shorts out electronics as well as hitting like a lightening bolt.

Cobras are also very strong (they have their major bones reinforced to be unbreakable), so strong that if they do not lift heavy objects correctly they can injure their soft body tissues. A cobra could lift a predator one handed and throw him 10 or 15 meters easily. Cobras are also VERY fast, the viewpoint character in the first book describes when he first sees a cobra move it was a blur, his eyes couldn't see the details.

Actually, a COBRA probably would survive a direct hit to the chest, provided it hit straight on. Two characters in the books survive chest shots due to the attack (bullet in one case, laser bolt in the other) failing to penetrate their armored breastbones. Neither is especially well thereafter, though one manages to continue to fight and rescues a diplomatic team.

I doubt the Blast would even hit them really. COBRA Reflexes/Speed and the Nano Comp = Dead Predators the second that little set of laser dots starts looking for a target. Most likely scenario, Predator sights in from the tree stands, before the little triangles even lock in on the target the COBRA suddenly goes into Evasive super ninja Flippy stuff and the Predator eats finger lasers and probably the AA Laser all at once from multiple vectors. The insane reflexes is one of the points of the books for the COBRA's....Ask the kids taking the joyride in the Jeep.

~Rex

I doubt the Blast would even hit them really. COBRA Reflexes/Speed and the Nano Comp = Dead Predators the second that little set of laser dots starts looking for a target. Most likely scenario, Predator sights in from the tree stands, before the little triangles even lock in on the target the COBRA suddenly goes into Evasive super ninja Flippy stuff and the Predator eats finger lasers and probably the AA Laser all at once from multiple vectors. The insane reflexes is one of the points of the books for the COBRA's....Ask the kids taking the joyride in the Jeep.

~Rex

I was visualizing the jeep scene also...

grim.

:eg:

Predators would REALLY have to earn their trophies against COBRAs.