How to build: Aliens(TM)

wick

I want to creat the Aliens from the film of the same name.

My idea is to build the Queen with Duplication (Face hugers) as charges (Eggs). the Huggers will have Transform (to transform people/animals into Alien Drones and a corpse). She will also be able to multiform from egg layer form to independent Queen, the reverse will take a longer period of time.

I am having a little problem with the blood. Here is what I am thinking:

Molecular acid for blood: 8D6 energy Blast:

Advantages:(+4 3/4)

Continuous (+1)

NND: Dilution in water, removing armor, foci, or clothing with acid on them( activation roll or time to remove , PD Force Field (+1 ),

Does body (+1),

Triggered: when Aliens takes body damage(+1/4),

Endurance: 0END(+1/2),

Explosion: (+1/2)

Uncontrolled: (+1/2)

Limitations: (-1 3/4)

Gradual effect: 1 turn losing 1 DC per phase.(-1/4) ,

no range (-1/2),

Limited Power: Damage based on amount of Body damage taken, max of 8D6. (-1?) The Max damage will change for a face hugger or a drone since they have less blood/body than the queen.

8D6 might be kind of excessive..i will have to think about scaling that back.

Things like damage shield just don't seem to fit all of the description but I could add that as a naked power advantage. The damage shield portion could be used for when the alien gets stabbed and the weapon foci melts

I am also considering a change environment effect for the acid: Make holes. These holes can make a tremendous effect on the surrounding environment such as on space/air craft or just falling hazards.

These are just some of my initial thoughts. I will have to do some on line research to see what others have thought up concerning these cinema monsters.

Re: How to build: Aliens

You may want to look the Star HERO forum for "xenomorphs." Here're the threads I found yesterday:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/78549-I-love-me-some-xenomorphs

and through that I found this:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscreatures/movies/alien.html

Hope this helps some. Though I wonder if anyone has noticed that the variant of ALIEN that pops out of some poor soul's chest is based upon the species of the intial host (Alien 3, AvP: Requiem - even though the Preda-Alien was rediculously over-powered IMHO)

Two things: First check the Star Hero forum here, the Xenomorphs seem popular over there.

Second 8d6 NND Explosion Continuous is HIDEOUSLY overpowered. It's going to hit everything in a fifty foot radius, and anyone at ground zero is dead in three segments. I'd seriously consider knocking it down to 4d6 and/or looking at a self-resetting trigger.

Thanks Christougher for the links. Unfortuantely at work some websites are blocked, should have checked Starhero here though or wait to I get off work.

Yeah I was thinking 8D6 was a bit over the top. 4D6 sounds better and I may reduce the explosion radius. I really only want a 5 meter radius blast area or so and that is for when the eliens gets hit by something pretty powerful.

Blue Cloud 2k2: Some of the movies I will not be considering Canon to the mythology. Beyond the second movie the screenwriters were out to lunch and I like to pretend that those movies do not exist. And the Second AVP movie was likewise a bad, guy in a monster suit, horror movie.

I also do not really like the concept of the aliens taking on the host's characteristics...seems pretty far fetched. I will pay homage to the idea though by having the Aliens take on the life support features of their host. For example, a human based Alien on the surface of Mars might be in big trouble. But above that I do not intend on making them "The Brood" from Marvels X-men universe.

Alien acid is nasty because it burns through almost anything, but not necessarily quickly. Try this (built using Hero Designer with a custom modifier, Drip, and costing 21 points after all modifiers):

Alien Acid: Blast 1d6, Area Of Effect Nonselective (2m Cone; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Constant (+1/2), Uncontrolled (Acid keeps working until neutralised, sufficiently diluted or for a number of phases based on how much is applied (max 2 phases per Body damage done); +1/2), Drip (If it destroys what it hits and is still active, the acid may 'drip' onto anything below; +1/2), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Defences against acid; All Or Nothing; +1), Does BODY (+1), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Acid sprays from any wound that causes Body damage, back toward the wound causing event; +1) (31 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

It is pretty close to your build anyway. The 'non-selective' means that you may, but do not necessarily, get hit, even if you are in range, which is 2 meters.

Revised Acid blood:

Molecular acid for blood ACID SPLASH: 3D6 energy Blast:

Advantages(+5 1/2)

Continuous (+1),

NDD: Dilution in water, removing armor, foci, or clothing with acid on them( activation roll or time to remove , PD Force Field (+1),

Does body (+1),

Triggered(+1/4),

0 End (+1/2),

Area of effect 1 Hex: Double Radius & Nonselective (+1),

Personal immunity: +1/4

Uncontrolled: (+1/2)

Limitations: (-2 3/4)

Gradual effect: 1 turn losing 1 DC per every 4th phase (-1/4),

Range Lim: No Range (-1/2),

Limited Power: Damage Class based on amount of Body, Max 3 DC (-1 );

Limited Power: Against organic beings composed mostly of water, such as humans, halve the body damage taken ( calculate stun normally) (-1)

Whenever an Alien gets damaged it bleeds acid. In the Aliens movie the colonial Marines get acid on them but it is not quite as nasty on flesh as it is on metals and other non organic materials but it did stun them. This also fits in with Predator blood neutralizing the Alien Acid blood somewhat as well. The aliens hive also takes little to no Dmage from the acid; probably not a good idea to bleed all over the hive and cause some sort of collapse.

Ideas for adders:

MinorTransform : Create holes and acid damage: it may be better just to simulate with normal damage to the environment rather than a transform or change environment.

Molecular Acid blood: Self Defense:

Naked Power Advantage: Damage Shield: (+1/2)= 3 pts

This is to simulate the effects of say a swordsman stabbing the Alien and coming back with a melting sword. It does make it a bit more overpowered becuase the example swordsman would have a damaged foci + possibly take damage from the triggered effect of the Alien taking body damage or consider a hand to hand attack ouch. Or should I just call it part of the triggered special effect or just add damage shield to the base power instead of as a naked advantage?

Ok here is my complete rough Draft for your perusal. Feel free to comment. i will add a back ground and all that stuff later. This is just the Drone. I had to finish the drone first so that I knew how much to charge the hugger for the summon Drone power. I will likewise get to the hugger and queen later. i think that the Chest burster might be an intermediate stage that can be either built later or can just be roleplayed since all that it needs is a defined SPD, Run speed, DCV, body and , stun since it will run away and hide from attackers rather than try to fight. Kudos to Suzanno and her version: "LV-246: lifeform" it kept me on track and made me bring my Characteristics down to a more normal level.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35573[/ATTACH]

Alien Drone

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 15 14- Lift 800 kg/ HTH Dmg 5d6 END [3]

18 DEX 24 15- OCV: 5 / DCV: 5

25 CON 30 11-

12 BODY 4 11-

8 INT -2 13- PER Roll 13-

8 EGO -4 11- ECV: 3

25 PRE 15 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM -5 9-

9 PD 4 Total: 14 PD ( 5 rPD)

5 ED 0 Total: 10 ED ( 5 rED)

4 SPD 0 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 0

50 END 0

40 STUN 2

7 RUN 0 7m END [1]

6 SWIM 0 6m END [1]

4 LEAP 0 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

CHA Cost: 157

Cost POWERS

22 Alien physiology: Life-support: Aliens can hibernate reducing bodily needs: Reduced eating+3 , Aliens have tough physiologies that keep them safe in harsh environments: Safe environment All: +9, Immune Disease/Bio+10, Immune all chemicals+10; Advantages: Inherent (+1/4)

2 Frighteningly Fast: +1" Running (7" total), END 1

4 Swift Swimer: +4" Swimming (6" total), END 1

2 Leap: +2” of leaping

10 Wall Crawling: Clinging

32 Alien Sense Echolocation: Spatial Awareness, Increased Arc Of Perception [360-degree arc+10 ,Detect Physical objects+10, Targeting sense+10, Sense+2, Passive)

3 Sharp Senses: +3 PER with Spatial Awareness

5 Tail: Extra Limb, Inherent (+1/4); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

12 Long Tail: Stretch 2”: Reduce END: 0 END (+1/2), Tail only (-1/4)

30 Tail Barb: HKA 2D6 (4D6 with STR), END 2

10 Claws: HKA 1/2d6 (1d6+1 with STR), END 1

17 Teeth Piston: HKA 1d6 (2d6 with STR), END 1: 2X Stun multiplier (+1/2); Extra time as the alien opens its jaws and draw up it’s mouth parts: Delayed phase (-1/4)

6 Frightening visage:+10 PRE for PRE attacks in conjunction with Teeth piston attack: Linked to greater power Teeth piston attack

25 Molecular acid for blood: 3D6 EB: Continuous (+1), NDD: Dilution in water, removing armor, foci, or clothing with acid on them(activation roll or time to remove , PD Force Field (+1), Does body (+1), Triggered(+1/4), 0 End (+1/2), Area of effect 1 Hex: Double Radius & Nonselective (+1), Personal immunity: (+1/4),Uncontrolled: (+1/2); Gradual effect: 1 turn losing 1 DC per every 4th segment (-1/4), Range Lim: No Range (-1/2), Limited Power: Damage Class based on amount of Body, Max 3 DC (-1 ); Limited Power: Against organic beings composed mostly of water, such as humans, halve the body damage taken ( calculate stun normally) (-1)

15 Exoskeleton: Armor (5 PD/5 ED)

8 "Being Cocooned Just Like The Others": Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF; Extra Time (roughly 5 Minutes; -2), Gradual Effect (4 Minutes to fully harden, 1d6/ Minute; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Must Follow Grab Or Target must be Willing and/or Unable To Resist (-1/2), END 4

POWERS Cost: 247

Cost SKILLS:

10 Combat Skill Levels: +2 With Hand-To-Hand Combat

4 Combat Skill Levels: +2 OCV with Teeth Piston attack

0 AK: Home Territory 8-

0 Analyze Animal 8-

3 Breakfall 13-

2 Concealment 11-; Self Only (-1/2)

6 "Secreted Resin": +7 with Concealment; Self Only (-1/2), Only In Home Environ (-1)

5 Xenomorphic Physiology: Contortionist 14-

0 Language: Xenomorph (native) part chemical scent, body language, and verbal

7 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 "They're Coming Outta The Walls!": +3 with Stealth; Only In Home

Environment (-1)

0 Survival (varies) 8-

SKILLS Cost: 44

Cost: PERKS

PERKS Cost: 0

Cost: TALENTS

3 Bump of Direction

TALENTS Cost: 3

Value DISADVANTAGES

25 Distinct. Feature: 7' + Tall Alien insect like creature. Always noticed +15, Ext.Com react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5, Common Sense+0

10 Physical Limitation: Near human intelligence Frequently +10, Slight +0

20 Psychological limitation: Must protect the Queen and eggs: Common+10, Total+10

20 Psychological limitation: Avoids/fears fire: Common+10, Strong+5

20 Psychological Limitation: Compelled to capture hosts for implantation rather than outright kill. Very Common +15, Strong +5

25 Social Limitation: Subserviant to Queen: Very Frequently +15, Severe +10

DISADVANTAGES Points: 105

Base Pts: 233

Disadvantages: 105

Characteristics: 91

Powers: 247

Skills: 44

Perks: 0

Talents: 3

Total cost: 338

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35595[/ATTACH]

Alien Chestburster

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

5 STR -5 14- Lift 50 kg/ HTH Dmg 1d6 END [1]

20 DEX 30 15- OCV: 7 / DCV: 11

10 CON 0 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

8 INT -2 13- PER Roll 13-

8 EGO -4 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 15- PRE Attack: 2d6

0 COM -5 9-

1 PD 0 Total: 3 PD ( 2 rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: 4 ED ( 2 rED)

4 SPD 0 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

3 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 4

9 RUN 0 9m/18m END [1]

6 SWIM 0 6m/12m END [1]

4 LEAP 0 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

CHA Cost: 24

Cost POWERS

22 Alien physiology: Life-support: Aliens can hibernate reducing bodily needs: Reduced eating+3 , Aliens have tough physiologies that keep them safe in harsh environments: Safe environment All: +9, Immune Disease/Bio+10, Immune all chemicals+10; Advantages: Inherent (+1/4) 6 Frighteningly Fast: +3" Running (7" total), END 14 Swift Swimer: +4" Swimming (6" total), END 11 Leap: +1” of leaping10 Wall Crawling: Clinging 32 Alien Sense Echolocation: Spatial Awareness, Increased Arc Of Perception [360-degree arc+10 ,Detect Physical objects+10, Targeting sense+10, Sense+2, Passive)3 Sharp Senses: +3 PER with Spatial Awareness5 Tail: Extra Limb, Inherent (+1/4); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)7 Teeth Piston: HKA 1Pip (1/2 D6 with STR): 2X Stunmultiplier (+1/2)25 Molecular acid for blood: 3D6 EB: Continuous (+1), NDD: Dilution in water, removing armor, foci, or clothing with acid on them(activation roll or time to remove , PD Force Field (+1), Does body (+1), Triggered(+1/4), 0 End (+1/2), Area of effect 1 Hex: Double Radius & Nonselective (+1), Personal immunity: (+1/4),Uncontrolled: (+1/2); Gradual effect: 1 turn losing 1 DC per every 4th segment (-1/4), Range Lim: No Range (-1/2), Limited Power: Damage Class based on amount of Body, Max 3 DC (-1 ); Limited Power: Against organic beings composed mostly of water, such as humans, halve the body damage taken ( calculate stun normally) (-1)6 Exoskeleton: Armor (2 PD/2 ED)7 Molting Drone: Multiform 47 pts: 1 Charge Non-recoverable (-4), Extra time: 1 day to consume resources and grow in size to become Drone(-4)POWERS Cost: 128

Cost SKILLS:

20 Combat Skill Levels: 4 X 5 pts CSLs: +4 DCV for small size. proportional

0 AK: Home Territory 8-

0 Analyze Animal 8-

3 Breakfall 13-

7 Concealment Morphology & size+4; Self Only (-1/2) 15-

6 "Secreted Resin": +7 with Concealment; Self Only (-1/2), Only In Home Environ (-1)

5 Xenomorphic Physiology: Contortionist 14-

0 Language: Xenomorph (native) part chemical scent, body language, and verbal

7 Shadowing 13-

7 Stealth: +4 from size: 19-

3 "They're Coming Outta The Walls!": +3 with Stealth; Only In Home

Environment (-1)

0 Survival (varies) 8-

SKILLS Cost: 62

203 Total Powers & Skills Cost

Cost: PERKS

PERKS Cost: 0

Cost: TALENTS

3 Bump of Direction

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 to all actions

TALENTS Cost: 6

Value DISADVANTAGES

20 Distinct. Feature: 1' + Tall Alien creature. Always noticed +15, Ext.Com react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5, Common Sense+0

25 Psych Lim: Flee and hide. Very common +15, total +10

10 Physical Limitation: Near human intelligence Frequently +10, Slight +0

15 Psychological limitation: Avoids/fears fire: Common+10, Strong+5

25 Social Limitation: Subserviant to Queen: Very Frequently +15, Severe +10

DISADVANTAGES Points: 95

Characteristics: 24

Powers: 128

Skills: 62

Perks: 0

Talents: 6

Disadvantages: -95

Total cost: 125

ECOLOGY: The Alien Chest Burster is the Juvenile form of the Drone and is the result of the embryo implanted by the Face Hugger stage of the Xenomorph lifecycle. The embryo develops at an astonishing speed over a 24 hour period, after which the Chestburster emerges from the host by busting through the Host’s ribcage (See Face Hugger for Chest Burst power.0

The juvenile’s first instinct after taking stock of it’s surroundings is to find a safe place in which to feed on organic and some inorganic materials until it can develop into an adult. Over another 24 hour period. During this time the Burster goes sheds through old layers of soft carapace. Only during it’s final stage does

Unlike the other lifestages of the Xenomorph, the Chestburster stage is weak and vulnerable but has the adaptations of the host to the environment.

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATIONS: The Burster is completely motivated by survival, hiding, and becoming an Adult Drone

POWERS AND TACTICS: Being small, and vulnerable the juvenile will flee and hide from most threats but may hunt small animals.

APPEARANCE: The Chestbursters are about 1’ tall with elongated head, a tail, and covered in a tan/fleshy carapace. Their tail is somewhat prehensile and able to crudely manipulate objects.

Contributions: Special thanks http://web.archive.org/web/200609110...vie/alien.html for “LV-246 Life form” from which I directly modeled my version

(The LV-426 Life Form created by Dan O'Bannon, H.R. Giger, Ron Cobb, Ridley

Scott, and James Cameron, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook. Concept

for the film Alien apparently based off of a scene in A. E. van Vogt's novel The

Voyage Of The Space Beagle)