Empire city

JmOz

First session was tonight, this is my first time running in a couple years, and also my first 6th edition game

It is a standard Champions setting, set in the fictional city on the East Coast named Empire City

Characters (Similar Popular characters)

Armature: What happens when a wealthy industrialists sun is linked to 4 alien cybernetic arms (Heroic Dr Octopus).

The Bride: Martial Artist with a katana and seeking vengence (Bride from Kill Bill)

Sharp: Mysterious man hunting VIPER, ability wise he is strong, tough, and some secrets (Monday the executioner)

Ballista: PRIMUS Bronze Avenger, Cyberline improved abilities, natural archer, trick arrows, low end power armor (Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye)

Cosmic Spectre: Amazing armbands allowing for multiple effects, flight, invisibility (Space Ghost)

PSI (Name pending): Telepath, Mental illusionist, victorian geltleman, all of the above (Shade meets Prof X)

Gargoyle: Winged FISS, transforms from a local college boy (Goliath from Gargoyles w/power up)

Night adventure

Most of our heroes are called to the office of a senators house

Senator Knipp informs the heroes that his daughter had been kidnapped from his house and her security were slain.

Investigation progresses, to find that she had been kidnapped by a gentlemen she had hooked up with that night. Soon the heroes find him and his band (The Serpent Kings), who turn out to be VIPER Agents (who can change into snake men).

The investigation leads to a secret base under the docks. Where they fight (A unnamed) Scientist and more VIPER Agents (including some more transforming ones). The Scientist was affected by a COIL serum, giving him great strength, Speed, Poison (Nasty DRAIN: Dex, OCV, DCV, Speed).

After they rescued the girl, the Senator asked them to form a team...

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Empire city

So a few notes, the player playing armature has decided to shelve the character and is creating a VPP based super mage...this scares me a bit as he is the most proficient player, and I can expect some rules abuses...anyways...moving on....

I have an idea of what I want an adventure about two or three adventures to be (a rewrite of Island of Dr Destroyer, centering around warmachine clones of the characters), however not sure what to do until then (Want to build there ego's some). Ideas are welcome...

I'm in a similar situation with a game I'm running. I'm building on one of the character's origin, which includes a mystery hunted, to involve the whole team in their first really big adventure. I don't want to rush it, so I've come up with a plan that will lead into their next major problem.

What I've decided to do is introduce various figures from Greek mythology, leading up to the return of the Greek gods and a bid for them to "fix" the problems they see upon their return.

Don't know if that helps or not. On a side note, the image verification I got for this post was rather disturbing: "carved friends". Wonder if the forums are telling me to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street?

• 3 weeks later...

Issue #2 DEATHSTROKE pt 1

Players:

The Bride

Gargoyle

PSI

Clurichaun: Introducing a creature from Irish Myth, with vast magical powers, who shall be a new addition to our cast of heroes in EMPIRE CITY (Basicaly a drunk leprechaun). The character sheet is primarily defined by a large VPP. Great personality however

Many form our group were not able to make it today for the first chapter.

The heroes are made aware of a problem at a local bank by the local news that a New villain named Dr Death has taken the bank hostage with a nuclear device. If he does not get 1/2 a billion dollars he will explode the device, destroy the city. To complicate matters he has taken a number of customers hostage.

The bank is the first 2 floors of a 35 story office building. The building has been locked down, basicaly the villains have 900 hostages or so in people in the building, but all but 10 are relativly safe if confined. Soon after the heroes arive on the scene and get debriefed by Chief O'bradey (local police).

As they start to plan a humvee with a SAT team show up, and offer there assistance. The heroes proced to fly to the top of the building, with the SAT agents. Our heroes start down, using the stairwells, 45 minutes later they are ready to swarm the lobby, when the SAT agents turn on them revealing themselves to be the terrorist team Deathstroke. They do KO the bank president by paranoid accident

Clurichaun avoids Deathstrok long enough to destroy the PSI Scrambler [20 Mental Defence, UBN x4 range (+1 1/2), OIF Bulky (-1), house rule UBN can have range doubled by +1/4 advantage]

The fight is long, with Clurichaun hypnotising the agents/Dr Death (a trumped up agent it turns out) with his magic coin. Gargoyle gets himself flashbanged, while Chiller (aka Frost) takes the Brides sword into a nerve ending (10 body, 1 stun gets through defence, total of 10 stun), After trading blows for a short time period the villains start a strategic withdrawl. Stinger is the first to get to the door flying upwards. Frost gets out of the building but is stoped in the last minute by the Gargoyle. Comando (aka Death Commando) gets knocked into the blind Gargoyle and feels his 800 tons of pressure, before being thrown through a wall. PSI has fun messing around with Deathstrokes perceptions. Requiem (AKA Deathsinger) escapes to the HUmvee. Clurichaun in an example of supreme heroism engages Bruiser (AKA Arrowhead), Bruiser quickly KO's him, but the Bride comes up and KO's him with a luck shot, Gargoyle then throws him at the escaping Humvee, but lands on it doing little damage.

Afterwards PSI menatly interagates them to find out what information he can, the following Information is found:

#1 Dr Death was just an agent in armor

#2 This was a delaying action to kepe them busy while a new power source was stolen acrost town by another member of the team (and agents)

#3 it involves something called the Dagger

#3a Not a knife

#4 Deathstroke has a contigency plan for when its members are captured involving moving there real headquarters (Agents do not know where it normaly is). Even the members do not know where as to not compromise it's location (They are extremly mobile)

• 1 month later...

ISSUE 3

(Deathstroke investigation is still ongoing)

However the heroes have been summoned to Dutchess industries where they find out that some genetic material on from the goverment has been stolen. Some video from the robery reveals that it is a group of operatives from the Shadow Army, a group of mercenary soldiers. Some normal agent types and a group of special forces (Powered armor types for the main part). Te Dutchess offers them a super computer for there base if they can rescue the material.

It takes some work, but they find a microwave link that leads them to a warehouse that is being used to ready the bio matter (a Hzeel alien, though the players do not know that name yet).

Heroes also run into a Ice Cream truck, a young girl (Co-ed age) looking like a young Courtney Cox is working in it...

Future Headlines: Dutchess industries donates new super computer to local hero team---one of my players is mistrustful of everything, this will make it look like she is giving them it as a PR thing

Hero team destroys warehouse

VIPER AGENT goes crazy