Only in Hero ID

Yansuf

Re: Only in Hero ID

RAW linked doesn't work. At least not for my character. Believe me I wish it did.

Linking a power to a constant power is 1/4 less limitation. (Resistant Protection is constant)

Being able to activate an instant power during any phase that constant power it is linked to is active without needing to turn off the constant power is 1/4 less limitation. (Blast linked to resistant protection)

His blast, flash, RKA, and most of his other powers cost more AP than his Resistant Protection, thus they would count as greater power linked to lesser power. 1/4 base limitation value

His Blast, Flash, RKA and most of his other powers are in a framework. It is illegal (6E1 p 399) to link a framework or multiple slots in a framework to a single power that exists outside of said framework. It is also illegal to link multiple slots in the same framework.

However, if I understand correctly people think that, even though they are essentially the same as linked or OIAID, these would be viable limitations:

Adjusted as if linked to Resistant Protection

Cannot be used if Resistant Protection is not active

So would they be worth -1/4 each, or -1/4 as a single limitation?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linked Powers are not Adjusted together, that's not what Linked means or does. Draining Power A does not Drain Power B.

If you want the two (or more) Powers to Negatively Adjust together then add the Unified Power Limitation.

"Only if Resistant Protection is Active" would be worth -1/4 if there were some reason rDEF would not be on all the time, are they more visible? non-Persistent? Why wouldn't the Character always have their Res. Prot. on 24/7? Both a Mechanical and In Game Reason would be useful here.

However, if I understand correctly people think that, even though they are essentially the same as linked or OIAID, these would be viable limitations:

Adjusted as if linked to Resistant Protection

Cannot be used if Resistant Protection is not active

So would they be worth -1/4 each, or -1/4 as a single limitation?

The first Limitation is basically Unified Power from 6e and I see no reason why both Lims can't be used.

His resistant protection is a large suit of armor that extrudes from his skin (similar to the characters from Guyver). The armor is his costume, and when it is on he gains approx. 7' in height and 450 lbs. in weight. The power also has Delayed Phase on it.

I am not so sure about that GA. Under linked it says that if your powers are linked proportionately you can only use as much of the lesser power as you can use of the greater power. IE: You have a 10d6 Flash linked to a 10d6 Blast. If you use only 5d6 of the blast, you are only allowed to use up to 5d6 of the flash.

I may have misinterpreted that part of the limitation, but I figured that if you have two powers that are linked and the base power is drained or suppressed the secondary power is effectively drained or suppressed along with it. If you drain my 10d6 blast for 20 points, I can only use 6d6 of it. Therefore even though my flash isn't actually suppressed, I can only use 6d6 due to the restrictions of linked.

Unified power,as written, does not work here. (personally I don't think it works for 85% of the characters I've ever conceived of). My issue with the limitation as a whole is that it always works both ways. There is no reason why suppressing or draining his flight should effect his resistant protection.

I may have misinterpreted that part of the limitation' date=' but I figured that if you have two powers that are linked and the base power is drained or suppressed the secondary power is effectively drained or suppressed along with it. If you drain my 10d6 blast for 20 points, I can only use 6d6 of it. Therefore even though my flash isn't actually suppressed, I can only use 6d6 due to the restrictions of linked.[/quote']

I'm reading that differently, actually. The way I see it, if I drain your 10d6 Blast for 20 points, it's now a 6d6 Blast for all intents and purposes until the drained points return -- it's not "really a 10d6 Blast that I can only use 6d6 of". So you can still use your 10d6 Flash (which I didn't drain) with your 6d6 Blast just fine as long as you fire that at full power.

Make sense?

However you interpret it - that's not the same thing as them being Drained Simultaneously; since you can reduce your Linked by 1/4 Value and disregard proportional use.

It may be a fine distinction most of the time, but it's a very very important one.

That - and I lean towards Chimera's point of view on how to interpret it.