Varying speeds of flight with and without Turn Mode.

First a warning, I’m still using 5ER for the time being.

My basic idea is a character that has some sort of jetpack. At lower speeds (say 15” to 20”) he can not only hover, but turn on a dime (No Turn Mode) but at higher speeds (up to 30”) either the pack can’t handle that kind of maneuvering or perhaps the character simply can’t safely respond fast enough at those speeds.

So the question is how would you build this? I see two obvious options. One would be to buy 20” of Flight with No Turn Mode and then buy 10” separately without the Advantage and rule that if the character uses more than 20” of Flight at a time he suffers the Turn Mode. The other option would be to buy 30” of Flight and buy No Turn Mode as a Naked Modifier for only up to 40 AP (20”) of Flight.

Is there any actual difference I’m missing between how these two ways of doing it would work in game? Is one more legal RAW than the other? Am I seriously over thinking this or missing an even more obvious solution?

Thanks for the input. As always, 6E answers are welcome as well, especially if they vary from the 5E answers.

P.S. Separate question: Is there any president for using the Position Shift Adder (listed with Teleportation) with Flight?

Re: Varying speeds of flight with and without Turn Mode.

One would be to buy 20” of Flight with No Turn Mode and then buy 10” separately without the Advantage and rule that if the character uses more than 20” of Flight at a time he suffers the Turn Mode.

I'd do it this way. This would reduce the Turn Mode when operating at higher speeds, which seems to fit the SFX of the power.

Re: Varying speeds of flight with and without Turn Mode.

You want to get nasty fast with it?

Slap Variable Advantage on it, No turn mode, or megascale, or hard to dispell, usable underwater, depending on how you plan on fueling it 0 end