43 Questions: A Character Developement Tool

BlueCloud2k2

Re: 43 Questions: A Character Developement Tool

Must spread rep blah blah blah.

There are a number of questions there I'd likely skip, but a good idea overall.

And though I suppose it might fit under "Dreams, Goals" and/or "Career Goals", I'd add "Motivation" in there, especially for a Champions game. Too many heroes I've seen drawn up and wondered, "Why is this person fighting crime?"

Yeah. Like I said, it was originally given to me as a means of fleshing out characters for my Novel (which I have a working outline, I just need to sit down and WRITE :P). Also, depending on a character's origins or the campaign setting, not all of these are appropriate *shrug*

Yeah. Like I said' date=' it was originally given to me as a means of fleshing out characters for my Novel (which I have a working outline, I just need to sit down and WRITE :P). Also, depending on a character's origins or the campaign setting, not all of these are appropriate *shrug*[/quote']

Oh, I agree that it's a great idea, and I tried repping you for sharing it with us.

On a writing (non-gaming) standpoint, the other thing I'd mention is that the author should keep the answers to those questions and consult them for later books/stories. I get irritated when authors introduce continuity holes, especially large ones. (Like making a point in one book of saying that the character is an only child, and then in a later book a sibling shows up. WTF?!)

Oh, and keep moving on that book. It's always cool to see a friend get published.

Yes. All my characters must have Goals, Motivations, and Conflict (something that prevents or hinders them from achieving their Goal). I learned the GMC concept in my writing class when I was learning how to write good fiction, and though it sounds basic, helps tremendously in both prose and gaming. Also helps with consistency as well. If you define these things up-front, will be easier to know how a given character will respond to a specific situation.