Ninja Gaiden 2's Shadow/Spirit Clone

Ragitsu

Here ->

an orange shadow version of Ryu would constantly follow him, and attack at the same time as Ryu. These clones were immune to damage, and enemies and projectiles would pass through them. If the player stopped moving, the clones would be frozen, regardless of position, being in mid-air or between enemies or objects. In the still phase, the clones performed the projectile or slash attacks of the player. Up to two split clones could be used at any given time.

I am guessing some sort of Desolidifcation will be needed.

Re: Ninja Gaiden 2's Shadow/Spirit Clone

I gave this one a lot of thought recently, oddly enough. My conclusion was that the best way to do this was to put a naked advantage of either Autofire (3 shots) on everything with the limitation that the 2nd and 3rd hits (if they landed) would take place in the next two segments and could be avoided by moving, or Damage Over Time (2 ticks, ticks per segment) with the limitation that it stops working if the opponent moves from where they were when Ryu hit them.

Possibly other limitations depending on exactly what you're going for, to restrict when the clones can and can't be active.

Then it's just Duplication with Altered Duplicates, build the duplicates with Desolidification and give them the physical complication that they are always a fixed amount behind where Ryu has moved and that they must exactly copy Ryu's actions.

Then it's just Duplication with Altered Duplicates' date=' build the duplicates with Desolidification and give them the physical complication that they are always a fixed amount behind where Ryu has moved and that they must exactly copy Ryu's actions.[/quote']

There are some other iffy bits: how do they affect the material world with their attacks? How do they hang in midair? What about the fact they are clearly *not* him (orange coloration)?

There are some other iffy bits: how do they affect the material world with their attacks? How do they hang in midair? What about the fact they are clearly *not* him (orange coloration)?

The shadows don't need any of Ryu's non-combat skills. The points saved will go into placing Affects Real World on all of their relevant attacks.

I think it would simply be cheaper to apply 2 Naked Advantage Trigger advantages that can apply to any one of Ryu's attacks that trigger when he attacks, so Ryu attacks, then the same attack triggers twice, then automatically resets for the next phase. No fuss no muss.

Actually' date=' there [i']is[/i] a need, and the distraction bit is part of the package.

What is the need?

If it's just distraction, build the clones' attacks as sfx on Sweep and Rapid Fire and build their distraction as Images.

Altered Duplicates don't have to look anything like character (actually I'm not even sure regular Duplicates have to look the same).

Altered Duplicates don't have to look anything like character (actually I'm not even sure regular Duplicates have to look the same).

If that's true, then wouldn't a forced different appearance be worth something, as it eliminates the possibility of a duplicate being a decoy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The clones sound like sfx when using Sweep or Rapid Fire to me. No need for Duplication or Summon -- though you could use them if you want opponents to waste attacks on the clones.

What is the need?

If it's just distraction, build the clones' attacks as sfx on Sweep and Rapid Fire and build their distraction as Images.

It think Utech has it right.

What you want:

A special effect For Autofire.

Can't move/Concentartion/Extra Time plus Special Effect (mabe indirect/altered point of origin) for the Blasts.

Shadow Images form HSMA for the disorientation for the enemy.

Duplicates, Summoning and Followers is what you use to get someone to do additional/alternative actions; an extra set of SPD. You don't want to have an extra set of STUN, BODY, or Actions, guys to soak attack so duplication and summining are the wrong way to go.

I'm actually still a bit curious about that potential answer to the question of why it's not worth less.

Take a look at the hydra example (6E1 204). The multiple heads are build as duplication. Can you mistake a head for the body (that has bought them)? No.

It doesn't even get's something for the not recombination.

Like I said: The entire point of duplication/summon is to get a seperate sheet, a seperate something to be stuned, a seperate something to die, a seperate set of actions.