How to do it? - Transformer Pretender Shell

Mathew

Okay, working on my Transformers write-ups and I needed ideas on how to handle the Pretender shells. For those unaware, the Pretender shells are basically exo-skeletons/armors the Transformers wear. They can operate inside these suits, or open the suits to get out. Once outside the suit the suit can be remote controlled, and seen through, or be programmed to carry out simple tasks (it's a non-living AI inside).

I was thinking about maybe a vehicle with an AI. Perhaps with a mind link back to the "driver" and the driver can have clairvoyance to see through the shell's eyes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpTjkDrJkU&feature=related

Re: How to do it? - Transformer Pretender Shell

I seem to recall that the characters inside their shells had a level of toughness that they sacrificed by emerging.

I might buy a multiform. One form is the combined "inside the shell" form and the other would have duplication (Shell and interior character). Of course if you are buying the interior character's alt-mode as a multiform this could get recursive pretty quick.....

Another option would be to build the shell as a vehicle (yes I know, kind of ironic for Transformers).

See Red Tornado in the JLA 350 link in my sig for an example of this (there's 2 links, the robot body and the wind spirit host, the basic concept could be adopted).

So the vehicle would work as as a shell, if you added an AI to control it when the "driver" isn't inside.

Could you just make the shell a duplicate or follower, and then somehow justy say the original character shrinks and hides inside his duplicate/follower?

BTW - Can a follower be an Automation?

So the vehicle would work as as a shell, if you added an AI to control it when the "driver" isn't inside.

Could you just make the shell a duplicate or follower, and then somehow justy say the original character shrinks and hides inside his duplicate/follower?

BTW - Can a follower be an Automation?

It's all GM permission territory. I don't think shrinking is really necessary. It's a vehicle. The main character should automatically be able to get into it.