• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Clearly D&D is not equipped to handle this type of role-playing because we are arguing about what the players should do on a message board. If this were resolvable through the game this social combat would actually be taking place at the table between characters utilizing their charisma, skills and their beliefs (aka alignment).

The only correct answer is to ask the DM what he thinks LG would do and then you the player take said action with your PC. There is no in-game resolution of disagreement between characters of differing alignments, there is only the extra mundum "outside the world" collective agreement between players and the DM. The only thing characters can do is "emote" via dialogue provided by the player. So:

1) your PC will "/sigh grudgingly allow the more callous members of your adventuring party to have their cruel way with the helpless captives who laid down their arms in good faith of your good name /sigh."

2) you the player convince the other players that your character really doesn't want to do this for "role-playing reasons" (aka make believe).

3) your PC will engage in an act of pvp with the other players characters as the only in "game means" provided by the game of resolving the dispute.

4. People on the message board will start talking about what batman and superman would do in this situation with some confusion by many about what alignment sups and the batman are. Also hitler.

- - -

https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68302

Your appointment to UNATCO maintenance should be finalized within the week. I have already discussed the matter with the Director.

I take it he was agreeable?

He didn't really have a choice.

Have his candy bars been taken away?

Oh yes, most certainly. When I mentioned that we could give them back to him, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.

The sodas - the demand is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

Why contain it? Let it spread through the bars and cafes, let them rile up in the streets. In the end, they will beg us to give them orange.

I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. The underclasses are starting to get desperate.

Of course they're desperate, they can smell the orange, only to be met with nothing. The sound they'll make rattling the soda machines will serve as a warning to the rest.

Hmm. I hope you're not underestimating the problem. The others may not go as quietly as you think. Intelligence indicates they're behind the remaining orange sodas.

A bunch of pretentious old men playing at running the soda industry. But it left them behind long ago. We are the future!

We have other problems.

Agent Hermann?

Beginning to figure it out. I have someone in place, though. I'm more concerned about Savage. He relocated to Vandenberg.

Our chemical corpus is far in advance of theirs, as is our marketing, and their... ethical inflexibility has allowed us to make progress in areas they refuse to consider.

The lemon-lime project?

Among other things, but I must admit that I've been somewhat disappointed with the delays in the release of the product.

The product should be released soon. It's currently undergoing preparation and will be operational within six months. My people will continue to report on its progress. If necessary, Hermann will be terminated.

We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be a new kind of soda. One unlike any the world has ever seen. When they see it, they will crown us as kings. Or better than kings: Gods!

I think any conversation with a rightwing-libertarian should be conducted as follows ->

Ancap: There shouldn't be any government. Let me do with my individual property as I wish.

Leftist: How will your individual property rights be protected without government to act as a guarantor?

Their answer will tell you whether they are a fantasist or a closet authoritarian. Fantasists can mature and be won over.