How to Build: Flamethrower

tenebre

Re: How to Build: Flamethrower

In some games I'd be tempted just to write it up as a limited range Blast. AoE-like qualities can be achieved through spreading.

That's how I did it. Added some built-in OCV levels "Only to Spread" as well. Worked like a charm.

RE: Recoverable vs. Non-recoverable.

I tend to use "Recoverable, Recovers under limited circumstances (getting more ammo / fuel)" for guns and such. So you have 4 clips for your pistol. If you run out, and find some more ammo that fits your gun, you recover charges. Otherwise you don't get more charges until you are back at base or get resupplied. "Never recovers" is strictly for disposable stuff; use it until charges are gone and then take it off your character sheet.

IMNSHO.

As a counterpoint to the main conversation....

It would certainly be possible to build a modern handgun for use in a fantasy setting where the bullets and their brass casings are represented by the expendable foci rules instead of just charges.

Policing one's brass would become an absolute necessity.

I think he meant a filling station for flame throwers not any generic gas station. The point is that the charges are recoverable' date=' you don't use a flamethrower once and throw it away...[/quote']

I think it would be awesome to play in a game where ordinary gas stations had enough business from people carrying flamethrowers that you could get a flamethrower fillup at the same time as your car. :sneaky: