How To Build: Multiform

tenebre

What is the best way to represent a 50pt multiform that has 4 possible forms but each of them may only be used once per day.

So in a given day the character should change 4 times, but each time would have to be one of the forms that was not used earlier.

I thought about charges but not sure if that would work correctly. The Character also wants only the change to cost endurance (extra END to represent the effort to make the initial change)

here is what I cam up with but it seems a bit odd

Multiform (50 Character Points in the most expensive form) (x4 Number Of Forms) (20 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2), 4 Charges (-1), Costs Endurance (Only To Change; -1/2), IIF (-1/4)

Does that seem right?

Re: How To Build: Multiform

seems right. Assuming it comes from some type of amulet since there is the focus lim in the mix.

But it is weird to have charges (so no END) on a power that doesn't have any to begin with, then have the lim for cost END + extra. The math works but feels strange.

Multipower with 4 slots, one charge each, with an associated END cost. Or, use a custom Limitation (around -1/2, I'd think) Each Form Once Per Day (Recovers Like a Charge).

The END cost could be simulated with a Side Effects Limitation of some kind, but that's even clunkier than Charges w/END.

This just a rough example and I don't have my books with me:

60 MP-pool:60

2 slot1(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

2 slot2(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

2 slot3(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

2 slot4(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

68 Total

That's going to be a lot more expensive than the four charge / four form version though:

Multiform (4x 300p forms), 70 active points; 4 charges (-1), 35 real points.

So even if the "Each form once per day" limitation was considered -0, the Multipower would still be overpriced.

This just a rough example and I don't have my books with me:

60 MP-pool:60

2 slot1(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

2 slot2(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

2 slot3(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

2 slot4(fix)-Multiform 1 300 pt form 1ch(-2)

68 Total

I'm not sure but I think the reserve qualifies for a 4 Charge Limitation.

That's going to be a lot more expensive than the four charge / four form version though:

Multiform (4x 300p forms), 70 active points; 4 charges (-1), 35 real points.

So even if the "Each form once per day" limitation was considered -0, the Multipower would still be overpriced.

I'd go ahead and apply the charge limit to the pool too so the cost would be about the same. But depending on the campaign rules there are number of different ways to go.

Wait, actually, I just realized Multiform is Persistent. This means you'd need Continuing Charges, otherwise the multiform only lasts for a phase. Also, the value of Increased Endurance Cost is halved if it only costs END to change rather than to maintain.

so tried this out with all the advice ... However the Multiform version wtih 4 charges still costs like 25% less than the multipower with 4 multiforms in it.

any advice on how to make HD recognize the reduced endurance multiplier for increased endurance on only to change? so if i want a x5 multiplier i only want it to grant -1 instead of -2

see my builds below:

61 pts Multipower, 200-point reserve, (200 Active Points); all slots 4 Charges (-1), Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -1), IIF (-1/4)

Multiform (200 Character Points in the most expensive form) (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -1), Costs Endurance (Only To Change; -1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4), IIF (-1/4) (with 4 of these)

27 pts Multiform (200 Character Points in the most expensive form) (x4 Number Of Forms) (50 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), IIF (-1/4)

there seems to be a dramatic difference in cost to do basically the same thing. Something I am doing has to be wrong with one of these.

Why is that Multipower a 200-point reserve? It only needs to hold a single 40 AP power at a time. That's probably why it's so much more expensive.

I think to get HD to accept it, you need "Costs Endurance only to Activate." You might have to make a custom thingy for that, I forget.

Don't forget about the Charges issue, those need to be Continuing Charges on the MP reserve, and on the single power.