The Champions, only not!

Rechan

Originally posted by Hermit

It still seems to indicate that there's no real clash with her personality and background, to me anyways ;)

Maybe so. It's the lines about how "kind-hearted and gentle" the character is, as well as the "rebelling by becoming a nice person" thing that puts me off. You don't grow up watching you parents engaging in ritual torture and murder and emerge as a kind-hearted, gentle, "nice" person. Parents who engage in those practices, assuming that they're somehow sane enough to stay together and raise children at all, are going to have parenting skills that leave their children as complete wrecks at best. Even if she tries to be "nice," she should have only the most superficial understanding of what "nice" is.

Thinking about it, her relationship with her family could explain her atraction to Black Paladin; from her point of view, that's just how men act...

Originally posted by OddHat

Maybe so. It's the lines about how "kind-hearted and gentle" the character is, as well as the "rebelling by becoming a nice person" thing that puts me off. You don't grow up watching you parents engaging in ritual torture and murder and emerge as a kind-hearted, gentle, "nice" person. Parents who engage in those practices, assuming that they're somehow sane enough to stay together and raise children at all, are going to have parenting skills that leave their children as complete wrecks at best. Even if she tries to be "nice," she should have only the most superficial understanding of what "nice" is.

Thinking about it, her relationship with her family could explain her atraction to Black Paladin; from her point of view, that's just how men act...

Interesting points. Fortunately, she also ran into the Trigimeritus (sp) Council, and we don't know what magical or non magical counseling she got, but we know she stayed with them for "several years". I think they might have helped her deal with the worst of it. The Champions version we see isn't Witchcraft: Year One so I can see her having dealt with some of her issues; though not all.

Your explaination for the comment on Black Paladin could definitely work. It could also explain her attraction for James Harmon. Defender is NOTHING like she's expected from most wealthy and powerful men.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Seraph: "Bow, bow before the might and majesty of the chosen disciple of Krim! Your moon shall bleed, the world will cry out around you in agony most dire, and I am the left hand of Power that shall make it so!"

Vincent Dimitrios, Sorcerer Supreme and Mystic Master: "Who needs a hug?"

:D

Re: Vincent Dimitrios

Originally posted by Southern Cross

How true-but Vincent's naievety was based on his ability to sense the good in everything,no matter how evil. [snip]

My own way of phrasing that would be "... in everything -- no matter whether it was actually there or not."

I mean, jeez, I can't see Doctor Strange falling for what Jarth pulled.

My version of the champions has Solitaire from the ultimate mentalist. My main champions honey. She's also the team leader.

I don't hate witchcraft, she's just not my main champions honey. So I kept her around, too.

I went with defender from the version of HERO that shall not be named (along with team defender). Sue me...

I went with obsidian for the brick.

I went with Saphire for the energy slinger.

I went with an edited harley riding version of seeker for the martial artist.