An Earth-like planet, plus a little something extra

John Desmarais

I'm sure many of you have already read about the recent discovery that Gliese 581g appears to be suitable to support life as we know it.

But, who remembers this little tidbit: On December 2008, Ragbir Bhathal found a strong, regular, repeating signal emendating from - you guessed it - Gliese.

Yes, I know - probably nothing to see here at all; but as a jumping point for many Star Hero plots it could be fun.

Re: An Earth-like planet, plus a little something extra

I'm sure many of you have already read about the recent discovery that Gliese 581g appears to be suitable to support life as we know it.

But, who remembers this little tidbit: On December 2008, Ragbir Bhathal found a strong, regular, repeating signal emendating from - you guessed it - Gliese.

Yes, I know - probably nothing to see here at all; but as a jumping point for many Star Hero plots it could be fun.

The article you mention doesn't say he's picked up a signal from Gliese 581. It says he picked up some kind of possible signal, and then, unrelatedly mentions that they were considering sending a bunch of messages to "Gliese" (Meaning 581 since it is in fact 20 light years away). This latest announcement of a planet orbiting Gliese 581 is only the latest one. The planet he was talking about was Gliese 581 C, a larger and colder planet than the latest supposed discovery is supposed to be.

Re: An Earth-like planet, plus a little something extra

Idea stolen...and repped.

-Carl-