Stab of a thousand knives

Gnaskar

I have a vigilante player with Telekinetic powers (and a thousand knives with him) who wants the following power: First he stabs the target with a knife. Next action he stabs the target with an other knife, while the original knife stabs again. His next phase he uses three knives. etc. etc. Up to his theoretical max of a thousand. He's built some limitations into it (he can't change target, must remain within melee range, etc).

The problem is how to depict this in hero system. We've gone through several iterations, using everything from boostable charges to autofire and DoT, but we're having trouble finding a combat useful build. Anyone up to the challenge?

Resistant defenses range from 5-15 (with an average target at 12) and there is a "soft" action points limit av 50 points.

Re: Stab of a thousand knives

First post under this new account, but not the first time I've posted on this site-- I lost my old password.

Stab of a thousand knives: 1D6 RKA, 0 END (+1/2) Penetrating (+1/2) (knives will deal some damage given time) Continuous (+1) Uncontrolled (+1/2) (power stops working after it's dealt 12 BODY, is "counteracted" by a character with TK or similar spending a full phase "stopping" the knives, or attacker moves away). No range (-1/2), Attacker must stay within 1" of target throughout (-1/2). OIF knives (-1/2).

Active: 52

Real: 20

Re: Stab of a thousand knives

I have a vigilante player with Telekinetic powers (and a thousand knives with him) who wants the following power: First he stabs the target with a knife. Next action he stabs the target with an other knife, while the original knife stabs again. His next phase he uses three knives. etc. etc. Up to his theoretical max of a thousand. He's built some limitations into it (he can't change target, must remain within melee range, etc).

The problem is how to depict this in hero system. We've gone through several iterations, using everything from boostable charges to autofire and DoT, but we're having trouble finding a combat useful build. Anyone up to the challenge?

Resistant defenses range from 5-15 (with an average target at 12) and there is a "soft" action points limit av 50 points.

Uncontrolled continues, add another attack each phase.....good luck adding enough END for a thousand phases though....

• 3 weeks later...