TUV PA or Champions PA?

Mightybec

Re: TUV PA or Champions PA?

Originally posted by Mightybec

I was flipping through TUV this morning, and realised thet you can get a kick ass power armored type vehicle way cheaper than building a typical power armored character. As GMs, would you allow a TUV PA in a superhero game?

Mighytbec

I think it would depend on the game in question, but for the most part I'd have to say no. There are only two way I can think of allowing something like that. if build it out of VPP gadget, then you have to pay full pts and not pts/5. So I would allow that. The other way would be if entire team was built along the same lines. Those are the only two exceptions I can think of.

I would allow it, to me it is about control, if the armor is easy to control (say via somekind of read my mind interface)then it is a foci (Or OIHID or F/X) but if it is something a little bit more difficult then it is a vehicle

Iron Man: Foci (or other Lim)

Ripley from Aliens in Forklift thingy: Vehicle

We've always allowed it yet very few people do it (and let me tell you, we have a lot of point whores).

The problem with a vehicle style armor is the simple fact that it gets trashed much, much easier... and then the poor guy is screwed. Add to that... piloting the thing - a bad roll can really screw you up, too. It only takes one or two times of your armor getting trashed like that for the villains to know it's a little more vulnerable than your typical powersuit guy (keep in mind, we enforce the same def/DC/etc limits on vehicles that we do for everyone else). Also, vehicles can't be summoned up the same way a normal powersuit can for most characters.

On the other hand, the focus or HFO is as natural as your own skin.

One of the best powered armor characters I've seen combined them. The basic suit was a focus but the jetpack was a vehicle (the jetback had some armament and sensors, itself). Even more cool, the jetpack could be sent off on its own to fly recon and stuff.

Originally posted by Geoff Speare

I probably wouldn't, because part of the cost savings of using a vehicle is the fact that you can lose the vehicle permanently. That doesn't fly for most superhero games, so I wouldn't allow it.

I thought vehicle could be repaired at the rate of 1 body per day including destoryed vehicles. Of course I'm sure are exceptions.