a character with physique of The Blob but the metabolism of the (1980's) Flash

azato

A player wants to play an overweight hero who must consume lots of calories in order to maintain his strength and toughness. In some ways an endurance battery with some limitations should work, but not fully. It would be very easy to tie the Str to an endurance batter and perhaps somehow link other stats to his strength...but how does one create a defense that only sucks up END when a character is hit.

HELP.

Re: a character with physique of The Blob but the metabolism of the (1980's) Flash

I think you could also approach the caloric needs from the other side, using Complications/Disadvantages instead of Limitations on powers. Distinctive Features and a Physical Complication for the weight, and another Physical Complication or Dependancy for the caloric need.

For a defense that costs END only when hit, you could do that with Side Effects. I think if you are going for a standard END cost only when hit, it would be something like -1/4 to do it as a Side Effect construct.

Re: a character with physique of The Blob but the metabolism of the (1980's) Flash

I know that as a player I would not want to keep track of an extra END stat like that. I would recommend treating this as a Physical Disad instead. If they still want to go the Limitation route just go with a custom -1/4 Limitation and just work out agreement as too how often this should come up during game.

If you still want to keep track of END per hit you could build a Naked Trigger that will then cost END to use. But like END Reserve itself you are essentially paying points for what is intended to be a Disad/Limitation.

I know that as a player I would not want to keep track of an extra END stat like that. I would recommend treating this as a Physical Disad instead. If they still want to go the Limitation route just go with a custom -1/4 Limitation and just work out agreement as too how often this should come up during game.

If you still want to keep track of END per hit you could build a Naked Trigger that will then cost END to use. But like END Reserve itself you are essentially paying points for what is intended to be a Disad/Limitation.

I think this is a fun concept but may be difficult to do in practice. One thought that partially work is to set up a certain amount of strength onto a certain endurance battery. The battery can only recover while eating. Also link a several things (extra PD/ED STUN)to the strength, so once the strength goes...they all go. The problem with this is that taking endurance damage when getting hit...unless....I set up a susceptibility that would dink END from the END BATTERY every time he takes damage beyond his normal PD and ED. Hmmmmmm.... Thoughts?

I think this is a fun concept but may be difficult to do in practice. One thought that partially work is to set up a certain amount of strength onto a certain endurance battery. The battery can only recover while eating. Also link a several things (extra PD/ED STUN)to the strength' date=' so once the strength goes...they all go. The problem with this is that taking endurance damage when getting hit...[b']unless[/b]....I set up a susceptibility that would dink END from the END BATTERY every time he takes damage beyond his normal PD and ED. Hmmmmmm.... Thoughts?

Or i could just buy everything with COST END and run it off the battery and not worry about how damage decreased END.

does he have to eat during combat to regain energy if so the easiest way would be to buy the largest part of his strength and defense as costs end then buy a second larger recovery with the limitation OAF:HIGH CALORIE FOODSTUFFS (possibly OIF food stuff of opportunity) this allows him to have some ability left over if he cant snarf down power-bar's but is a lot less powerful its similar to a build i used for a light absorbing brick who's powers where based on how much skin she was showing and how bright the ambient light