What would do more damage to a non-living object? (also Shatter Limb)

Pizza Man

I want a character to be able to destroy things with a touch:

Object Ruination: 14D6 Dispel Device/Object Variable Effect (any one Device/Object +1/2) No Range (63 active points)

Black Falcon can warp and mold physical objects to break them, and ruin their properties/powers and so forth.

(page 54 of the powers book)

or

Ruinous touch Touch 6D6 Body Drain ony vs non living targets

Also please comment on this power. I want to break the bones in an arm or leg, but not kill anyone,

Shatter Limb: 4D6 Major Transform, Cumulative.

Breaks arm or leg in several places at once. Not life threatening.

Healing, Aid, or normal recovery heals back the damage.

I'm unsure if DMs would allow this in a standard Supers game, but I'm also not sure how to tell if this worked.

Re: What would do more damage to a non-living object? (also Shatter Limb)

Dispel is kinda odd, since the device can reactive itself as a 0 phase action. Drain would be restored at 5 active points per post-phase 12.

Transform would work, I especially like minor transform to give people -2 CV penalties. If you go with a transform, you should probably specify that Healing would need "heals limbs" (which might be an advantage on your power).

I think I'd go with a large killing attack, only vs. objects though if I wanted to break them with a touch. 6d6 KA vs. Objects should break most small things quickly or large things in a few seconds.

So DRAIN/RKA (only vs non-living targets) would be useful against a suit of power armor?

and for the Shatter Limb power, how would I know if the limb was shattered? is there BODY for arms/legs? is a major transform good enough to do this?

Dispel is permanent (until repaired) if it manages to completely dispel the powers in a foci. However, Drain has the advantage of destroying vehicles and walls, and works fine against Foci. The only case it doesn't cover is gadget powers without the Focus limitation (OIAID power suits, for example). But given that they aren't Foci, I'm not sure that dispelling them would last longer than a phase either.

In fifth ed, they added rules on the disable element, and how to break limbs. Basically if you take it as a -0 limitation, then you can only do enough damage to break a limb but not enough to kill the character. Example if the victim has 10 body, then it only takes 3 body to break a limb. If you even roll 6 body, you only do 3 body to the victim, but you do break the limb. Look on pg. 412 Breaking limbs, its under Injury. If you're using 6th, perhaps someone will be kind enough to show you where it is found at.