Gemini Ascendant: Reborn

Nolgroth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gemini Ascendant: Reborn

There were a whole lot of issues on my end. Issues that I am not entirely sure what happened. I sort of have it narrowed down to one or more of the following;

• My video drivers were not installed correctly. To fix, I uninstalled completely and reinstalled.
  • I had too many objects on the Facility map. I deleted that map (and a whole day's worth of work and prep).
  • I had too many Vision Blocking elements on the map. Also fixed with the map deletion.
  • The previous two combined.

In the end, we did get back together for a total of about an hour and a half. It was mostly roleplaying trying to get in contact with Taffy. Merovign and I have this mad plan to set up a dedicated MapTool server on a hard line connection. We are hoping that will solve at least some of the connection problems.

I was woken up by the wind this morning. It wasn't the whistling, whining wind that tried to find me through the cracks around the doors and windows. It was a pounding wind, throwing itself against the house and causing it to shake like a nearby freight train was somehow diverted right past my window. The buffeting roar and rattling windows stole my dreams from me.

Not sure where the purple prose came from, but it is very true. The wind woke me today and it is fierce. I am loving it. This is sort of a warning. Nothing untoward has happened to the power, but as with any fairly extreme weather, there is always the possibility. I certainly hope not, but if for some reason that you don't see a server, that is probably why.

I am especially excited as I now have an ethernet (instead of wireless) connection again. I've also found a holy grail of sorts that enables we to at least entertain a concept that has been in the back of my mind for a while. So mostly I am stoked today.

See you all at game time.

Hello fellow space-junkies. Unfortunately' date=' I won't be able to make it for the game tomorrow. I authorize the use of my character for tactical and sneaky things, as well as the employment of space-hobos.[/quote']

MUHAHAHAHA!!! He said tactical :D To Wade that means grenades :whistle:

I am doomed!!! My router ate the big one. I am sending this from the public library to let you know i won't make it tonight. I have ordered a replacement router but Comcast is telling me it could take anywhere from one to three weeks. I am trying to figure out something before next week.

Not trouble with the server. Once again I have to apologize, but this time for not keeping you in the loop. I had to help Merovign move this week and I suppose I was holding out hope that I would get things done in time for the game. By game time, I had completely forgotten about what day it was. The good news is that we successfully moved everything before the deadline (he had a really short time in which to clear the old place).

Sorry again for not keeping you in the loop.

Nothing like that. The timing sucks, but it was one of those important things. As far as I know, there are no great non-game commitments next week. Time to get back into the swing of things. Assuming I remember just what angle, within the arc, we left off at. :)