Help with a power

Bengalelf

I recent bought the e-book A Matter of Family by Chris Aylott for M&M Superlink. I wasn't excited about the story, but I love the villain Buzzbomb. I would post his picture here, but I do not ant to break any copy write laws.

Anyway, Buzzbomb is a villain with what appears to be jet turbines on each hand. I would like to ask for help in creating a power for him. I am still using 5th edition, but I could probably convert from 6th. I am thinking of something like a 60 STR TK area effect cone. It would prevent heroes from moving and possibly knock weaker heroes to the ground. It would also prevent a hero's energy blast from firing; possibly make it go back wards away from Buzzbomb instead of toward him. My plan is while he cripples the heroes, the rest of his team could then attack them with their energy blasts

Any help would be greatly appreciated as well as suggestions for other Powers.

Re: Help with a power

If I'm visualizing the power correctly, the TK is probably the way to go for the primary effect of temporarily 'paralyzing' the heroes. I'm not sure how the apparent SFX justifies the effect on (non-physical) energy blasts, but a Linked Missile Deflection/Reflection may do the trick. The Active Point total is going to be impressive, however...

Okay' date=' but how would it allow Buzzbomb's teammates to attack the heroes caught inside the AOE? Wouldn't the barrier stop their attacks also?[/quote']

Yes it would. Think about it. If his turbines can redirect enemy attack, why would attacks of allies be unaffected? From a combat stand point it might be inconvenient, but it makes perfect sense as you have described the special effect.

Yes it would. Think about it. If his turbines can redirect enemy attack, why would attacks of allies be unaffected? From a combat stand point it might be inconvenient, but it makes perfect sense as you have described the special effect.

I agree Ranxerox, but the reason I am designing it this way is to create a difficult situation for the heroes to work their way out of. I was thinking maybe even, if his team stood behind him, their attacks might gain more speed as they hit the wind tunnel created by the turbines. This is a comic book environment after all. LOL

Here is another question I am try to go with a large TK power, I am placing it in a multipower. I like the missile deflection option. My question is can I link the missile deflection to the whole multipower? This way I can give the TK different attacks, but all will have the missile deflection. Is that legal?

Okay here is my finished copy of Buzzbomb. I was wondering if anyone could think of anything else he might have or any other ideas for powers. That is the nice thing about being the GM; you do not have to worry how much a character cost :-)

(No peeking Roger)

[ATTACH]37851[/ATTACH]