2 separate equipment abilities

Badger

Ok, just a couple minor questions

1) Creating special goggles. I've got all but one thing figured out. The one thing I havent is that I want an "anti-flash" feature to reduce the glare on any flash attacks. I really dont know how much to give it. I want to be more than mere "sunglasses"

2) A regular scope for a gun, what would be a proper amount on Range Modifier. I feel stupid asking, but I've never felt comfortable with how much I always put on such, I feel I put too much or too little. I just want to get an idea on others opinions on that.

Note: These arent connected in any way (2 different pieces of equipment) Just loose ends I need more on.

Re: 2 separate equipment abilities

1) to work out what flash defense you need, you must have an idea of what level of flash it will encounter Then decide which of these flashes can be stopped by your goggles.

2) work out the practicalities don't think of penalties - think of distance ('Without' compered to 'With'). then convert that to a PSL.

2) A regular scope for a gun, what would be a proper amount on Range Modifier. I feel stupid asking, but I've never felt comfortable with how much I always put on such, I feel I put too much or too little. I just want to get an idea on others opinions on that.

Well, the largest RMod on any conventional published weapon is +3, representing a high-powered optical sight. I suppose a super-rangefinding sight might get a +4. On the other end, many weapons get a +1 for iron sights.

Well' date=' the largest RMod on any conventional published weapon is +3, representing a high-powered optical sight. I suppose a super-rangefinding sight might get a +4. On the other end, many weapons get a +1 for iron sights.[/quote']

The extreme high end goes a bit higher; Dark Champions 5e p234 has some good ones:

Collimating/Reflex sight: +10 v. Range mods

Laser sights: +8 to +14 v. Range mods

Micrometer sight: +14 v. Range mods

Telescopic sights: +3 to +15 v. Range mods

All of these have limitations: laser sights won't work in "adverse" conditions -- anything that effects visibility of the beam. The others require the attacker to be braced, set or both to get the modifiers.

The extreme high end goes a bit higher; Dark Champions 5e p234 has some good ones:

Collimating/Reflex sight: +10 v. Range mods

Laser sights: +8 to +14 v. Range mods

Micrometer sight: +14 v. Range mods

Telescopic sights: +3 to +15 v. Range mods

All of these have limitations: laser sights won't work in "adverse" conditions -- anything that effects visibility of the beam. The others require the attacker to be braced, set or both to get the modifiers.

I was thinking telescopic in particular (though good to know the others). I was always thinking +3 max. Which makes sense why created "snipers" couldnt shoot worth crap. (well to their expected ability of course. (and yeah I assumed you needed to "brace" for aiming)

1) to work out what flash defense you need, you must have an idea of what level of flash it will encounter Then decide which of these flashes can be stopped by your goggles.

2) work out the practicalities don't think of penalties - think of distance ('Without' compered to 'With'). then convert that to a PSL.

Yeah, I'll have to think on that flash thing. I'll try to compute some "possible" flashes, so I can estimate. If I have any more questions after that I'll ask.