Say the word

Tech

One of the players in my campaign wants to build a Kim Possible clone. I'm kind of scratching my head so I thought I'd turn to everyone for abilities, stats or whatever else you can suggest. I'm looking at Digital Hero 2 for the Gymanist martial arts but still, I need some help here, particularly on skills, stats, personality or whatever else.

So what's the sitch...?

A worthy challenge, given that Kim can "do anything". But ultimately it boils down to the following biggies...

(a) skills, and lots of them

(B) contacts/favors - LOTS AND LOTS

© Kimmunicator - audio, visual, compu-link, scanner, etc

(d) grappling hook gun

(e) martial arts, with high Acrobatics and DEX

(f) 2 Followers: Ron (the Ron Factor!) and Rufus

...build a character based on those concepts, and it's "so not the drama".

-Yogzilla

I think Kim is best simulated as a high dex martial artist with combat luck. Other than that she has lots of general superspy type skills and has Wade to do most of the heavy lifting with research and various specialized knowledges.

The Kimmunicator is a VPP with limited control. Wade actually controls it, all Kim can do is ask him to make it do things for her. If you watch, most of her miraculous "do anything" abilites actually boil down to having Wade pull something out of his bag of tricks.

Kim has (as mentioned) lots and lots (and lots!) of contacts

She is of course Hunted by Draken. I would give her a second "rouges gallery" hunted on a lower roll. She has a raft of social limitations reflecting that she is fifteen and can't do alot of "grownup" things like drive a car. She also has a rival on the cheerleading squad and a watched by her prinicpal.

I would buy Ron as a Follower, with Rufus as his DNPC. Although Kim watches out for them both, Ron seems to spend alot more of his time rescuing Rufus than Kim does.

Originally posted by Jhamin

I think Kim is best simulated as a high dex martial artist with combat luck. Other than that she has lots of general superspy type skills and has Wade to do most of the heavy lifting with research and various specialized knowledges.

The Kimmunicator is a VPP with limited control. Wade actually controls it, all Kim can do is ask him to make it do things for her. If you watch, most of her miraculous "do anything" abilites actually boil down to having Wade pull something out of his bag of tricks.

Kim has (as mentioned) lots and lots (and lots!) of contacts

She is of course Hunted by Draken. I would give her a second "rouges gallery" hunted on a lower roll. She has a raft of social limitations reflecting that she is fifteen and can't do alot of "grownup" things like drive a car. She also has a rival on the cheerleading squad and a watched by her prinicpal.

I would buy Ron as a Follower, with Rufus as his DNPC. Although Kim watches out for them both, Ron seems to spend alot more of his time rescuing Rufus than Kim does.

I didn't know a Follower could have a DNPC. Interesting, interesting. Any other suggestions?

Followers are typically built on the same number of points as other characters and can have disadvangates. If they can have disadvantages, then in my book they can have DNPCs.

IMHO Ron is actually a moderatly capable character with some heavy disadvantages. Things like "underconfident", "Unluck" and "x1 1/2 effect from PRE attacks. (I thought about x2, but he has much more spine than Penfold from Dangermouse, the posterboy for "x2 from Pre attacks). If Kim is a 75+75 character in a 50 point world, I would put Ron at about 50+50

When Ron gets a makeover and becomes confident in one episode he actually ends up almost as cool Kim. In another episode he outright defeats Gill the Lakemonster on his own with no special power ups and armed only with his skills, his AK: Camp Wannaweep, and Rufus.

Even when he is in full dufus mode his dodge skill is pretty amazing. Considering that he is a normal, non powered guy with no martial arts (as far as we have seen) he still manages to duck and weave his way through Draken's minions, Monkey Ninja hordes, Exploding golfball fusalades, and everything else. Sure, he screams in terror the whole time, but he is still in one piece. A buddy of mine is of the opinion that the whole reason Kim brings Ron along is that he gives the bad guys another target to shoot at while only occasionally needing rescue.

Now you got me thinking about it.

I whipped up this writeup of her:

Kim is actually pretty straightforeward for a heroic level character. She clocked in at around 190, so she should probably be 100+75+some XP. It would have been alot cheaper, but I made her pay for the Kimmunicator & her grapple gun, seeing as she and Ron seem to be the only ones who have access to them.

I set her Str and Con at 10 and left her Speed at 3. She is certanly at heroic norms, but doesn't seem all that much stronger or tougher than anyone else on the cheerleading squad, and I just cant justify setting them any higher. Her speed is good, but not blinding, so one point above normal seemed appropriate. I think a case can be made for 4, but she ran out of points as it was. Her real ability is in her dex and cheerleader martial arts. If she uses them along with her HTH skills she ought to be pretty hard to hit while she hops around the evil lair taunting her hunteds.

Kim Possible

Player: Disney Afternoon Heroine

Val Char Cost
10 STR 0
20 DEX 30
10 CON 0
10 BODY 0
12 INT 2
14 EGO 8
16 PRE 6
16 COM 3
5 PD 0
5 ED 0
3 SPD 0
4 REC 0
20 END 0
20 STUN 0
8" RUN44" SWIM26" LEAP4Characteristics Cost: 59

Cost Power END
5 Grapple Gun: Swinging 10" (10 Active Points); OAF (Line Gun; -1) 1
28 Kimmunicator: Variable Power Pool, 20 base + 8 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (Wade does it) (+1); OAF (Hand Unit; -1), Limited Class Of Powers (Technology) Limited (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 33

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Cheerleader Tumble: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
4 Cartwheel Kick: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
3 Tumble Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Strike
Martial Arts Cost: 12

Cost Skill
10 +2 with HTH Combat
3 Acrobatics 13-
0 Acting 8-
3 Breakfall 13-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Combat Piloting 13-
3 Concealment 11-
0 Conversation 8-
3 Deduction 11-
8 Defense Maneuver: I-III
3 High (School) Society 12-
1 KS: Anipals 8-
0 Paramedics 8-
0 Persuasion 8-
3 PS: Cheerleader (DEX-based) 13-
0 Shadowing 8-
3 Stealth 13-
7 TF: Hanggliding, Jetskis, Parachuting, Basic, Personal Rocket Pack, SCUBA, Skateboarding, Skating (iceskating or rollerskating), Skiing (snow), Snowboarding, Surfing
Skills Cost: 53

Cost Perk
12 Contact: Former Rescueees (Contact has: useful Skills or resources (Can usually Drive/Fly)), Organization Contact (+2) (12 Active Points) 12-
15 Follower: Ron Stoppable (75 Base, 50 Disad)
Perks Cost: 27

Cost Talent
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 190

Val Disadvantages
5 Dependent NPC: Possible Family 8- (As powerful as the PC; Useful noncombat position or skills; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
15 Hunted: Draken 11- (As Pow (w/Sheego), Harshly Punish
15 Hunted: Rouge's Gallery 11- (As Pow; Harshly Punish)
10 Hunted: Principal 8- (As Pow; Watching; Extensive Non-Combat Influence (Can assign Detention); PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find)
10 Psychological Limitation: Teenage Girl (likes clothes, boys, etc) (Common; Moderate)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Cheerleading Squad) (Bonnie Rockwaller; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Social Limitation: Minor (Can't drive, has to go to School) (Frequently; Major)
0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

Disadvantage Points: 75

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 15

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Here is a good writeup of Cheerleader Martial Arts from EZ Hero I think:

Cheerleading

Cheerleading is a modern American martial art involving kicks, twirls, and pompoms. A very active martial art, the practitioner is in nearly constant motion when in combat. This martial art relies on surprise, motion, and feints (via pompom-covered hands). Cheerleading is a constantly evolving martial art, as its practitioners develop new moves or refine the old ones at the start of each sports season.

Famous characters using this martial art include Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and… well… that’s pretty much it. It’s intended as a humorous style, but it can be used seriously as a way to flesh out a non-combative character. It can also be defined as a dance style, for characters that cheerleading wouldn’t be appropriate for.

Maneuver Pts OCV DCV Effect

Cut ______3_ _+1 _+0 STR +2d6 Strike

Cartwheel 4 __— __+5 Dodge, Abort

Chastity _4 __+0 _+0 +15 STR to Escape

Flip _____4 __+2 _+2 Block, Abort

Kick _____4 __+0 _+2 STR +2d6

Rah ______5 __+1 _+3 STR Strike

Squat ____3 __+0 _+1 STR+v/5, Target Falls

Skills

Acrobatics

Acting

Breakfall