Low powered Champions character multiform

JmOz

Please review.

Now this is for a multiform based character who can turn into animals. I have not applied the character himself to it, but instead took a animal template and added to it, I am going to still add the human side of the character.

The character will have a number of animal forms (x8), this one however is a way of cheating multiform, by puting a huge number of small animals in one form. Not intended for combat (Other forms will be for that)

Mammals, Small - Diminutive Mammals

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

1 STR -9 9- HTH Damage 0d6 END [1]

15 DEX 10 12-

12 CON 2 11-

8 INT -2 11- PER Roll 13-/16-

5 EGO -5 10-

3 PRE -7 10- PRE Attack: 0 1/2d6

4 OCV 5

8 DCV 25

2 OMCV -3

2 DMCV -3

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

3 PD 1 3 PD (0 rPD)

2 ED 0 2 ED (0 rED)

4 REC 0

25 END 1

5 BODY -5

14 STUN -3

Movement Cost Meters Notes

RUNNING -8 14m/28m END [2]

SWIMMING -1 2m/4m END [1]

LEAPING -1 10m 10m forward, 5m upward

FLIGHT 15m/60m

Characteristics Total: -3

Cost Powers

10 Bite (and Claws): HKA 1/2d6, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4); Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; Based on form; -1/4) - END=1

6 Animal Senses: +2 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0

5 Animal Eyes: Nightvision - END=0

52 Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing, Touch and Smell/Taste Groups, limited group of shapes), Instant Change, Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (52 Active Points) - END=0

24 Form of...: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Appropriate to form only (-1/4) - END=

1f 1) A Diminutive Mammal: Shrinking (1 m tall, 12.5 kg mass, -2 PER Rolls to perceive character, +2 DCV, takes +6m KB), Persistent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (10 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) - END=0

1f 2) A Squirl: (Total: 8 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) Breakfall 12- (3 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus +2 with Climbing (4 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Leaping +2m (10m forward, 5m upward); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=1

1f 3) An Aquatic Mammal: (Total: 3 Active Cost, 3 Real Cost) Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) plus Swimming 4m; Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) - END=1

1f 4) Fox: (Total: 21 Active Cost, 15 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (15 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4), Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Running 4m (4 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus +1 PER with Hearing Group (2 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1) - END=2

1f 5) A Monkey or Racoon: (Total: 19 Active Cost, 14 Real Cost) +2 DEX (4 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus +1 SPD (10 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Extra Limb (1) (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4), Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) - END=0

1f 6) Rabit/Hare: (Total: 17 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) Running +10m (14m total) (10 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Leaping +6m (10m forward, 5m upward) (3 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus +2 PER with Hearing Group (4 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) - END=2

1f 7) Need to do skunk): Custom Power (1 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) - END=1

1f 8) Fish: (Total: 17 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) Life Support (Expanded Breathing: Underwater) (5 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus +2 DCV Modifiers for Underwater (4 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Swimming 16m (8 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) - END=1

2f 9) A Bird: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) Increased Arc Of Perception (240 Degrees) with Hearing Group (5 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 3) plus Flight 15m, x4 Noncombat (20 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Appropriate to form only (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4) - END=2

1f 10) Porcupine: Killing Attack - Ranged 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (1m Surface; +1/4), Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (27 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Always on (-1/4), Requires A Roll (14- roll; -1/4), Appropriate to form only (-1/4) - END=0

Powers Total: 108

Cost Skills

3 Climbing 12-

11 Stealth 16-

Skills Total: 14

Value Complications

20 Physical Complication: Animal Intelligence (Frequently; Greatly Impairing)

15 Physical Complication: Diminutive (typically no larger than about .5m; +12m KB) (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Complication: Limited Manipulation (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)

Complications Points: 50

Base Points: 175

Experience: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost: 119

The charcter still has about 100 points or so

Re: Low powered Champions character multiform

Actually, that is one thing that will be removed when I put the actually characters psyche over the multi-animal template,

but no problems with either the concept of one form being a gazillion other forms or the -1/4 limitation of only appropriate form?

I think that's a neat idea. The only thing I see is a label thing, the title of your character is Small - Diminutive Mammals, but you have fish and bird powers (a small nit pick I know). The only other thing is that, assuming I'm reading it right, you're calling a 1m animal diminutive. Personally a 3 foot squirrel would scare the s#!% outta me. You might want to take the shrinking out of the Multipower since it really applies to all the forms.

I think that's a neat idea. The only thing I see is a label thing' date=' the title of your character is Small - Diminutive Mammals, but you have fish and bird powers (a small nit pick I know). The only other thing is that, assuming I'm reading it right, you're calling a 1m animal diminutive. Personally a 3 foot squirrel would scare the s#!% outta me. You might want to take the shrinking out of the Multipower since it really applies to all the forms.[/quote']

I have a character who uses a similar structure, but has a different form for small mammals, small birds, small fish, etc. He started with 16 forms and now has 32 (at 5 points a shot, less if the MF is limited - mine costs END to change, more forms are pretty low cost; I don't think I've defined all 32 yet). I don't see a problem - the form soaks up a lot of points on Shape Shift alone, so the character isn't abusive. The ability to cover a wide array of small creatures is more flavour than anything else.

Nexus, note that the form has the complication Diminutive already - the Shrinking would reduce his size from its base 1/2 meter maximum.

The KA seems pretty steep. With a 4 OCV against a 3 DCV normal, he gets three hits on an 8- (about 25% of the time), taking the person down an average of 6 BOD.

To the specific form:

- the fox is likely better off with the squirrel's attack

- you'll likely have some fun with the skunk - I ended up using a separate form, and my first pass at the spray was far more devastating than I had wanted

- should the porcupine have reduced Penetration (multiple quills) on its KA?

As we were playing a pretty 4 colour game, I made a lot of "claw and bite" attacks AP normal attacks rather than killing attacks.

Nexus, note that the form has the complication Diminutive already - the Shrinking would reduce his size from its base 1/2 meter maximum.

Thanks, I missed that.

Took me awhile to figure this out (since things have changed from 4th ed). If you are always small, you no longer buy Shrinking always on. You just take the Complication small, which gives you the minus to knockback, and buy up your DCV (although where do the minuses to perception come in?).

If you buy shrinking on top of that, it just adds to what you've already set your DCV to so even though you've only bought 1 level, since you started out as Small, you'll have the same DCV as if you started out as large and bought 2 levels... Right?

That's another thing bugging me about 6th ed. The growth and shrinking seem less granular than before. I liked the different levels much better.

I have a character who uses a similar structure, but has a different form for small mammals, small birds, small fish, etc. He started with 16 forms and now has 32 (at 5 points a shot, less if the MF is limited - mine costs END to change, more forms are pretty low cost; I don't think I've defined all 32 yet). I don't see a problem - the form soaks up a lot of points on Shape Shift alone, so the character isn't abusive. The ability to cover a wide array of small creatures is more flavour than anything else.

The KA seems pretty steep. With a 4 OCV against a 3 DCV normal, he gets three hits on an 8- (about 25% of the time), taking the person down an average of 6 BOD.

To the specific form:

- the fox is likely better off with the squirrel's attack

- you'll likely have some fun with the skunk - I ended up using a separate form, and my first pass at the spray was far more devastating than I had wanted

- should the porcupine have reduced Penetration (multiple quills) on its KA?

As we were playing a pretty 4 colour game, I made a lot of "claw and bite" attacks AP normal attacks rather than killing attacks.

Any advice on the skunk spray? I have tried three or four things and none strike me as right (One is WAY to expensive for the effect, the other 2 don't seem quite right)

Any advice on the skunk spray? I have tried three or four things and none strike me as right (One is WAY to expensive for the effect' date=' the other 2 don't seem quite right)[/quote']

I'm not at home right now, but I'll try to remember to have a look at how I ended up doing it. It was expensive, and not too effective. I forget how close I stuck to the Bestiary (which would have been 5e at that time, although the character was built in 6e).

Actually, that is one thing that will be removed when I put the actually characters psyche over the multi-animal template,

but no problems with either the concept of one form being a gazillion other forms or the -1/4 limitation of only appropriate form?

I have no problems with that at all - the shapeshift based based powers happen a lot.

Any advice on the skunk spray? I have tried three or four things and none strike me as right (One is WAY to expensive for the effect' date=' the other 2 don't seem quite right)[/quote']

I know, took me long enough!

My character was designed on "augmented animals" as he was an augmented human, and I went with the very expensive series of linked abilities:

- Change Environment (-5 to Smell and Taste rolls), 2 meter radius, Usable as an Attack, 6 charges lasting 1 week, Limited Range (5 meters), Linked

- Images to Smell/Taste grup, +5 PER rolls, Usable as an Attack, 6 charges lasting 1 week, Limited Range (5 meters), Linked, Set Effect

- 1/2d6 Blast, AVAD (Smell Flash Defense), Damage over Time, 6 increments, every 3 segments (does not accumulate), 6 charges , Limited Range (5 meters), Linked

- 1d6 Blast, AVAD (Smell Flash Defense), , 6 charges , Limited Range (5 meters), Linked

So the target reeks for a week, and takes some damage initially, before getting used to the aroma enough that he can at least function. The AVAD is set to almost, but not quite, KO Joe Average.

The character will have a number of animal forms (x8)' date=' this one however is a way of cheating multiform, by puting a huge number of small animals in one form. Not intended for combat (Other forms will be for that)[/quote']

This is basically how I did things for my character DrewID. I split the forms up by body type and primary function and let shapeshift, shrinking and growth take care of the rest.

That way I could just make one aquatic form and it could represent a minnow, shark or blue whale. I did a separate one for crustaceans and cephalopods, since they had manipulatory limbs. Similarly, monkeys, apes and racoons were all part of the same form since they had hands while bird and bats were the same form because they were winged. Snakes got their own form, just because they took up so many points with getting multiple types of venom (EDIT: oops, forgot I folded eels and worms into that form too)

On that note, the Squirrel, Aquatic Mammal and Fish forms should probably have environmental movement.

Various Life Support for the cold would also be appropriate for aquatic or arctic animals.

I'm pretty sure the Bird form is supposed to have 240 for Sight group, not hearing group...

Other ideas: armadillo and other burrowing animals, a bat for the flight and sonar combo, gliding as an option for the squirrel.