Comprehensive list of advantages and Limitations

Does such a creature exist. While I have owned hero for several years, I purchased the 5th Ed Revised some few weeks before 6th ed was announced, which placed learning that system on the back burner for a year or so.

I am seriously considering running a hero game, yet as I am reading through the 6th ed books it seems the advantages and limitations are mentioned scattershot through out the books as various powers are discussed, but there is no single chart/list format that I have seen so far.

Re: Comprehensive list of advantages and Limitations

Short answer: not really.

But as far as a one stop for all Advantages and Limitations the best option is to get a copy of Hero Designer. It is current with both 5e and 6e rules.

Part of the reason for the lack of a single list is that several Advantages and Limitations are very specific to a particular Power they are included with. Since Steve Long decided to include their descriptions with the relevant Powers it would be repetitive (and make a more expensive book) to include them with the general Advantage section of the book.

On a slightly related note...

There is a great fan created website here with a massive compilation of specific builds of several complications (6e version of disadvantages) like Distinctive Features • Physical • Psychological • Social.

HM

In addition to the excellent websites linked to above, there are fairly comprehensive fan-created lists for HERO Fifth and Fourth Edition Advantages and Limitations, which I could direct you to if either or both would interest you. In many cases they're practically identical to Sixth Edition versions, but there are quite few differences in both notation and mechanics.

For the general advantages, there is a summary list on 6E1 317. You can find the equivalent for the general limitations on 6E1 366. The costs are missing, but it's an easy way to quickly find the appropriate advantage or limitation when you build a power.