Enraged Pricing

Re: Enraged Pricing

"An Enraged character typically uses his most familiar or often-used offensive Power at full strength while Enraged[...]" 6E1 422

So unless he uses that X times END attack as this, he can't use it while enraged. And the GM can rule that he doesn't want (or have the decision space) to choose that attack over antoher one (that allows him to do more damage in the long run).

I think the closest thing to compare Enraged with, is a Mind Control at EGO+20.

While berserk is more an EGO+30.

This would be another interesting way to work it, to build it like a Mind Control that triggers when the character gets hurt, probably with penaties for the amount of BODY taken. Working out the value of that Complication might be a little more work than the modified Enraged, but it is worth considering.

Second' date=' one of the recovery triggers for both Berserk and Enraged is running out of END, which makes sense, but at that point the character isn't doing much anyway, which limits the danger from either Complication [i']at the same time[/i] so having to recover from the Berserk first becomes less of an issue. If I let him burn STUN to keep going and he knocks himself out, then he is really out of the fight.

Running out of END means getting a roll to recover, not recovering automatically. If the roll fails, he remains Berserk/Engaged, and keeps fighting in accordance with those complications, so he is required to burn STUN.

To the other posts, I like the EGO roll structure, however it does add even more rolls to the structure.

One other approach - a Susceptibility model. The character could have the Enraged and, while Enraged, take Cumulative mind control effects as the Spirit tries to take over with its command to engage in destructive acts. This would require some assessment of how long the accumulated Mind Control points last, and may be more complex/too much bookkeeping than it's worth.

My idea was more about how Intelligent he would act while Being Enraged/berserk. And frankly, using a X times END attack when you still have half a dozen targets to take down is pretty stupid. The character has to fight in his enraged/berserk status to the best of his abilites, like he would have do do under a Mind Controll.

You can't just throw yourself in an allies blast or use your 10 times END attack as Multiattack agains't the one in your group who can take it, to knock yourself out without doing much damage - while mind controlled or berserk.

Actually I even think a berserk/enraged guy has to make a defense action when he knows that attack would knock him out (so he couldn't continue to fight againt his group).

"An Enraged character typically uses his most familiar or often-used offensive Power at full strength while Enraged[...]" 6E1 422

So unless he uses that X times END attack as this, he can't use it while enraged. And the GM can rule that he doesn't want (or have the decision space) to choose that attack over antoher one (that allows him to do more damage in the long run).

No, the trick is to have +2-4d6 of your most often used offensive power at the xEND multiple, kind of a Push you don't have to make an EGO Roll for or a Haymaker with no delay. Then when the PC goes nuts he uses his favorite power turned up to 11 and runs himself out of energy before he can usually do more than just impact the enemy. It's an old chestnut of a character build.

But it's also why Grond doesn't get membership offers to villain teams and no one wants to share the back seat with Wyvern. Berserk people don't play well with others.

No' date=' the trick is to have +2-4d6 of your most often used offensive power at the xEND multiple, kind of a Push you don't have to make an EGO Roll for or a Haymaker with no delay. Then when the PC goes nuts he uses his favorite power turned up to 11 and runs himself out of energy before he can usually do more than just impact the enemy. It's an old chestnut of a character build.[/quote']

As a GM I would just rule, that he never uses this Adder and thus the normal Version without push is "his most familiar or often-used offensive Power".

"You think different? Well, than start using that adder more in non-enraged Combat!"

No, the trick is to have +2-4d6 of your most often used offensive power at the xEND multiple, kind of a Push you don't have to make an EGO Roll for or a Haymaker with no delay. Then when the PC goes nuts he uses his favorite power turned up to 11 and runs himself out of energy before he can usually do more than just impact the enemy. It's an old chestnut of a character build.

But it's also why Grond doesn't get membership offers to villain teams and no one wants to share the back seat with Wyvern. Berserk people don't play well with others.

As a GM I would just rule, that he never uses this Adder and thus the normal Version without push is "his most familiar or often-used offensive Power".

"You think different? Well, than start using that adder more in non-enraged Combat!"

Let's not forget that a Berserk character attacks a target of opportunity. So you go Berserk when you take BOD? OK, let's assume the attack that did BOD knocked you down or back. As you get up, make a PER roll for each target on the field of combat. Best roll is the first target you see. Go ahead and fire using your MegaPush attack. That best target may be friend or enemy, may have any level of defenses, and could even be a cop or innocent bystander. Oh, you took him down? Roll to see if you come out of Berserk. You did? Well, looks like you have 2 END left, and just using your Force Field costs 3.

How many dice of Stun Susceptibility whenever he takes BOD would generate the same complication points as the Berserk? Which would more effectively remove the character from the battle? At least Susc wouldn't come with collateral damage...