Normal Person Disads

JmOz

To expand, my world has 5 "types" of characters

Normal Humans, what I am talking about above

Perfects: Similar in all ways to the normals except they do not have the above limitations, there stats can go up to 30 in Primary characteristics

Adaptors: These people start off as either Normal Humans, or more commonly Perfects, when they have a moment of extreme stress there body changes to accomidate the stress (If someone is struck by a bolt of lightning, he may become able to shoot lightning)

Mentalists: These people have mental powers, 98% of mental powers in my world are what marvel would call mutants

Other: Space Aliens, robots, etc...

Re: Normal Person Disads

Originally posted by JmOz

I'm thinking of making everyone on the street have the following limitations (Heroes, villains, etc... will not have them)

NCM

x2 Stun from Blasters (Common)

x2 from Mental Effects (Common)

Thoughts?

Seems reasonable to me if it fits your campaign, and there is precedent, Mystic Masters of 4th Edition fame recommended mind magics have x2 effect on normals to simulate the 'I wipe the entire crowd's minds clean' effect and others.

I might lower the blaster down to x1 and a 1/2 stun myself, but that's me.

I did something similar ... all true noncombatant normals had a 20 point Phys Lim called 'Mere Mortal', which meant things like suffering real effects from radiation exposure (the rare person sans this disadvantage would become a super), and I briefly considered pulling a 'double stun/body from all attacks' because people were getting very nonchalant about crowd scenes ('2 Defense, 10 body? A 12d6 blast won't kill him, fire away').

Originally posted by Hermit

X1 and 1/2 effect from PRE attacks by hulking brutes who could rip my head off with casual STR.

;)

:P Reminds me of a running joke my group has about disads on various characters in HERO products over the years that everyone should have - "Dies when staked throught heart", "Afraid of Dr. Destroyer", "Cautious around explosives" and the like.