Meadyaon

TheNaga

Meadyaon is a Cro-Magnon Demigod from Heroes unlimited and in the Palladium Settings was the strongest character there was. He is stronger then Hercules and the Titians found in Rifts. So how do I fix out his strong then if he is also stronger then his father?

Is there where I can find info on making a magical weapon? This character has a magical longspear named Hoarfrost that is if possible is indestructible. How do I give Hoarfrost the able to return to this character's and when it strike someone it does 2D6 in cold damage in addition to the normal damage.

How do I make him loss some of his power each time his hair is cut?

Is there any thing I can look at on how to make him have control over the weather?

Does Champions have a Lost Lands and if so where can I find the info on it?

How would the folowing be made into a disadvantage for him? The technology level of my Lost Land at the max is at the technology of 10,000 years ago.

How do I add the following to his sheet?

He hates the gods of other pantheons for allowing their worshipers to kill his father’s worshipers and the worship of the other gods and goddesses in his father‘s pantheon.

Re: Meadyaon

Well, I'll take a stab at this.

1. "Stronger than Hercules". Well, that all depends on how strong Hercules is in your setting. There is no "official" version of Herc, so.... you have to set the baseline. If a Titan is STR 50, and every +5 is 2x as strong, then you can figure it out from there.

2. "Magical Weapon" is built like any other power. Killing Attack - Hand to Hand is the power you want, but it also sounds like you can throw the spear (and probably do other things). This implies a Multipower. One slot would be Killing Attack - Hand to Hand, the other would be Killing Attack - Ranged (returning is just a special effect - essentially it isn't all that different than if he could throw an ice bolt every phase). The additional cold damage is easy... it's additional cold damage linked to the multipower. As for "indestructable", that's simply part of how the Focus limitation is defined.

-- POWERS --------------------------------

Cost Powers

30 Hoarfrost: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots OAF Unbreakable (Spear; -1)

3f 1) Thrust: HKA 4d6 (4 1/2d6 w/STR) - END=6

3f 2) Thrown: RKA 4d6 - END=6

25 Elemental Cold: RKA 1d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold); All Or Nothing; +1/2), Does BODY (+1); Linked (Hoarfrost; -1/2) - END=4

3. "Lose powers with hair cut" - a bit trickier. The easiest is a -1/4 limitation to all powers "Not after hair has been cut".

4. "Control Weather" - See Change Environment power. There you would select the effects of controlling the weather (e.g. visibility = penalty to sight PER, thunder/rain might = penalty to hearing PER, wind would be wind levels or telekinetic strength).

5. What do you mean by "Lost Lands". There is a "Hidden Lands" official supplement talking about hidden continents and such, that might fit.

6. "Technology" That would be a significant Physical Limitation (since he can't overcome it through force of will)

25 Physical Complication: Cro-Magnon Sensibility (Very Frequently; Greatly Impairing)

7. "Hatred" that would be a Psychological Limitation.

Psychological Complication: Jealous God (Uncommon; Total)

I hope this helps. The Hero Basic book is pretty good about walking through this stuff. Definitely read up on Multipowers - there may be other cool stuff you want him to do with the spear.

Here is what I have about the Lost Lands. I if you think there might need some changes to let me know.

The Lost Lands are accessed thru caves in the Vietnamese jungle today and where accessed thru other areas. The Lost Lands are located in a pocket dimension, The place used to access the Lost changes as the position of the continents changes. The Lost Lands house live things and terrains found from the Cambrian Period up the end of the last ice age. That means for any that lived during any time with in 542 million years ago to 10,000 years ago can can be found in the Lost Lands. The Lost Lands have around possible as long 542 million years. That means a Neanderthal could meet Archeopteryx. The technology level of the Lost Lands right now is the same as 10,000 years ago.

Originally I had him as a challenger to Hercules the god of strength. That meet he would want to prove he is stronger then Hercules.

I mostly agree, except:

2. The NND, Does Body on the Cold is somewhat nessesary as otherwise this power needs 40 or more AP to get past defenses.

Alternative, the APG has rules for "Aditional SFX". It allows the attack to go against the weaker defense (cold or piercing), wichever is less.

Can he resummon his spear from distane? Then maybe they way is o not take any limitation? Or only Gestures/Restrainable?

3. When you unify anyhting affect to his "hair Powers", a Succeptibility/Vulnerability with Drain (Hair Powers) whenever his hair is cut would be possible. But seriously, how often to you expect to fight barbers that this is going to be a complication with measureable impact on the game?

And note that this works for any drain then, regardless of wich "hair power" it attacks.

6. I think a psychological/social complication might fir better. Maybe even both. Here is a good list about complications:

http://www.nextgenrpg.com/masterlists.htm

7. Hatred or Enraged (very uncommon, I guess). Maybe Hunting form the APG/Champions 6E (not so sure where it was). But verall hatred may be best.

I mostly agree, except:

2. The NND, Does Body on the Cold is somewhat nessesary as otherwise this power needs 40 or more AP to get past defenses.

Alternative, the APG has rules for "Aditional SFX". It allows the attack to go against the weaker defense (cold or piercing), wichever is less.

Can he resummon his spear from distane? Then maybe they way is o not take any limitation? Or only Gestures/Restrainable?

NND, Does Body: What that means is that unless the target has "Life Support (Safe in Extreme Cold)" as a power he will take the damage regardless of his defenses. That way it will always bypass any amount of armor.

Killing Attack - Ranged essentially means it returns with every throw automatically. If it could be caught somehow, then you are correct... a -1/4 limitation for Restrainable or Physical Manifestation is approrpriate.

Here is what I have about the Lost Lands. I if you think there might need some changes to let me know.

The Lost Lands are accessed thru caves in the Vietnamese jungle today and where accessed thru other areas. The Lost Lands are located in a pocket dimension, The place used to access the Lost changes as the position of the continents changes. The Lost Lands house live things and terrains found from the Cambrian Period up the end of the last ice age. That means for any that lived during any time with in 542 million years ago to 10,000 years ago can can be found in the Lost Lands. The Lost Lands have around possible as long 542 million years. That means a Neanderthal could meet Archeopteryx. The technology level of the Lost Lands right now is the same as 10,000 years ago.

Originally I had him as a challenger to Hercules the god of strength. That meet he would want to prove he is stronger then Hercules.

That's all wonderful story - the game effect is up to you.

Killing Attack - Ranged essentially means it returns with every throw automatically. If it could be caught somehow' date=' then you are correct... a -1/4 limitation for Restrainable or Physical Manifestation is approrpriate.[/quote']

I was not reffering to catching. I talked about the fact that he needs the movement freedom to throw the spear, wich is unlikely in an entangle.

In short "indestructible, autoreturn" weapons are no focus limitation. Not even a physical manifestation. Just a SFX.

But, the fact that he needs the freedom of movement nessesary to use the weapon (like with any normal sword or spear), may be done with a "Restrainable" Limitation. Using mudpyr8's build, I would build it as following:

40 Hoarfrost: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots Restrainable (-1/2)

4f 1) Thrust: HKA 4d6 (4 1/2d6 w/STR) - END=6

3f 2) Thrown: RKA 4d6, Range based on STR (-1/4) - END=6

25 Elemental Cold: RKA 1d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Life Support (Safe in Intense Cold); All Or Nothing; +1/2), Does BODY (+1); Linked (Hoarfrost; -1/2) - END=4

I was not reffering to catching. I talked about the fact that he needs the movement freedom to throw the spear, wich is unlikely in an entangle.

In short "indestructible, autoreturn" weapons are no focus limitation. Not even a physical manifestation. Just a SFX.

But, the fact that he needs the freedom of movement nessesary to use the weapon (like with any normal sword or spear), may be done with a "Restrainable" Limitation.

Mudpyr8's question is relevant though. if you throw a spear then you might simply call it getures - that means you need to be able to make the necessary movements to do what you want to, if the spear cannot be prevented from returning to you then gestures is all you need.

If you choose to use restrainable then you are in effect saying that someone could catch and stop the spear returning to you.

Doc

Mudpyr8's question is relevant though. if you throw a spear then you might simply call it getures - that means you need to be able to make the necessary movements to do what you want to, if the spear cannot be prevented from returning to you then gestures is all you need.

If you choose to use restrainable then you are in effect saying that someone could catch and stop the spear returning to you.

Sorry, but there is nothing in the writeup for Restrainible in 6E1 393 to suggest something like that.

For the spear to be Restrainable at the -1/2 level, I would expect that an opponent could prevent its use by grabbing and holding it. Now, given this particular character is expected to have a strength at or above campaign maximum, even this may not be very limiting, as maintaining such a hold seems unlikely at best.

I would also note that the HKA aspect of the Spear will be augmented by STR - the 4 1/2d6 w/ STR posted above assumes only a 10 STR. It might be necessary to make the HKA less than the RKA to achieve reasonable/campaign acceptable HKA damage. If the character has a 60 STR, for example, the suggested build provides an 8d6 HKA, almost certainly excessive if a 4d6 RKA will be at all effective in the game.

I would also note that the HKA aspect of the Spear will be augmented by STR - the 4 1/2d6 w/ STR posted above assumes only a 10 STR. It might be necessary to make the HKA less than the RKA to achieve reasonable/campaign acceptable HKA damage. If the character has a 60 STR' date=' for example, the suggested build provides an 8d6 HKA, almost certainly excessive if a 4d6 RKA will be at all effective in the game.[/quote']

Found something for the STR adding and noticed we forgot the range for the HKA:

"Ranged: An HKA with this Advantage (or Range Based On STR) still gets STR bonuses to damage." 6E1 242

So, asuming a STR of 40 and a DC limit of 12:

1d6+1 HKA (20 Base Cost), Range Based on STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), 35 Active Points, Gestures (-1/4), 28 Real Cost

plus

Range (6E1 284; 2 meters), 3 AP, 2 Real Cost

That is a very close copy of the medium spear found in 6E2 204. Some GM might want to cap DC adding at twice the base damage (this would require you to buy 2d6 HKA/30 base points). Espsecially a combination of 60 STR and 5 point HKA, Range based on STR might be a little bit cheap for a 13 DC Killing Attack.

Well, it's a 13 DC killing attack that locks out your 12 DC normal attack with STR, so it's not all that different from an advantaged Hand Attack, but I know a lot of players and GM's share your viewpoint on this. The damage cap was the rule from 2nd to 5th Ed, with the current RAW a return to 1e.

I don't believe you have applied Range - it looks like you have added Reach. Range would be a +1/2 advantage, or +1/4 for Range based on STR.

Sorry' date=' but there is nothing in the writeup for Restrainible in 6E1 393 to suggest something like that.[/quote']

Try, characters should use common and dramatic sense when applying restrainable to abilities.

In this case you are talking about a spear that is thrown, it is not a focus and so must be regarded as part of the hero. If the spear reaches somewhere else to hit them then dramatic sense says that it should be able to be restrained.

Doc

I don't believe you have applied Range - it looks like you have added Reach. Range would be a +1/2 advantage' date=' or +1/4 for Range based on STR.[/quote']

Right, meant Reach.

In this case you are talking about a spear that is thrown' date=' it is not a focus and so must be regarded as part of the hero. If the spear reaches somewhere else to hit them then dramatic sense says that it should be able to be restrained.[/quote']

Wich is why I played it save and used gestures at the -1/4 level for it. It should cover all the chases where he can't use it and when restranible is worth more then it must cover more chases.

• 1 month later...

What could I look at help with making his ability to control the weathe?. I would like if I can do it for him to have the ability to cause the weather to snow.

How I fix this to soumd better? I know that in the Lost Lands the Megafauna of the ice age do not die off.

The Lost Lands are accessed thru caves in the Vietnamese jungle today and where accessed thru other areas. The Lost Lands are located in a pocket dimension, The place used to access the Lost changes as the position of the continents changes. The Lost Lands house live thing and terrains found from the Cambrian Period up the end of the last ice age. That means for any that lived during any time with in 542 million years ago to 10,000 years ago can can be found in the Lost Lands. The Lost Lands have around possible as long 542 million years. That means a Neanderthal could meet Archeopteryx. The technology level of the Lost Lands right now is the same as 10,000 years ago.

I think the throwable spear could still be a Focus, depending on the corner cases. Normal spears are Foci, as are guns. One is thrown and cannot be re-used unless retrieved; IMO this is best handled through a Recoverable Charge, and the Focus bit means there may be situational difficulties with using the weapon (e.g. tight spaces, Entangles, having to draw the weapon...), it can be taken from the character before it is used, etc. The gun shoots projectiles. Both are Foci because they can be taken away from the character. So the next question I would ask is: does the spear only return to the character under specific circumstances (like when he purposefully throws it), or can he summon it from anywhere under any circumstances? If it only returns to him under specific circumstances I would argue that a Focus is probably still appropriate, but not Charges. If he can always summon it, Restrainable (the character could be Grabbed, tight spaces and such might still be a problem, maybe some kind of field or limited circumstances can prevent the spear from returning to the character...) or no Limitation at all might be more appropriate. I would never put Gestures on a spear.

What could I give Hoardrost to make a little more powerful beside the fact inflict cold damge in addition to the normal damage and Hoarfrost returns to Meadyaon after it thrown whether or not it hits it target.

Could the Hoarfrost head/point be made made out of unmeltable ice?

Would having Hoarfrost's head/point meing made of ice be original?r What suggestions could you give on making Hoarfroast look original?

If I was to give Meadyaon a pet right now or in the future how would that work? I want the pet to be an ice age animal

Whould he look better as a demigod if he has ice blue eye? How would he go from being a demigod to a true god?

Considering we talk about a superhuman Focus, it is already very hard to melt (normal Focus rules). This spear of ice is a stable and melting-resistant as any "spear of metal" of with the same Active Points and the same Focus Limtiation.

What could I give Hoardrost to make a little more powerful beside the fact inflict cold damge in addition to the normal damage and Hoarfrost returns to Meadyaon after it thrown whether or not it hits it target.

Anything really. You imagination and the bounds of the game he will be used in are the only limits. Perhaps the weapon can be stuck in the ground or water to create a spreading area of frozen ice (most likely a Change Environment). If twirled perhaps it acts as additional defense or can create a barrier (most likely Resistant Protection or Barrier). Perhaps it creates an awe inspiring aura around its wielder (most likely extra Presence). There are all kinds of possibilities.

Sure. If you build it as a Focus after all, make it an Unbreakable Focus. Otherwise it's probably just Special Effects.

Would having Hoarfrost's head/point meing made of ice be original?r What suggestions could you give on making Hoarfroast look original?

How it looks isn't really a question of system mechanics; it is Special Effects. Sure, it can have a point made of ice. It could be made entirely of ice, or have a swirling aura of snowflakes around it, or whatever. Anything that makes sense for the game and setting.

If I was to give Meadyaon a pet right now or in the future how would that work? I want the pet to be an ice age animal

Probably as a Follower. The Beastiary may be a good source of ideas and builds. I'm pretty sure it has mammoths and saber-toothed tigers and things like that.

Whould he look better as a demigod if he has ice blue eye? How would he go from being a demigod to a true god?

This all depends on your game and your setting. The GM has to figure out what the definitions of "god" and "demi-god" are, or if those terms even apply.

How do I make weapon where it can be stuck in the ground or water to create a spreading area of frozen ice?

I'd use Change Environment, like Prestidigitator suggested above.

How do I make the people not protected take cold damage when touch/holding Hoarfrost due to it being made out of ice?

How about an NND attack, the defense being resistance to cold, with AoE Surface, 0 END, Persistent (maybe a self-resetting trigger that goes off whenever the attack ceases, if you want to really hammer it home), with the spear as a focus and only able to target the spear? It could be dispelled, but you could also make it Difficult to Dispel (or the Trigger brings it right back up again). When he (or anyone else resistant to cold) holds it, no problem. When anyone without that resistance holds it, frost damage. That could also be the cold damage the spear inflicts on its targets.

You could, I suppose, go crazy and build the Spear as an independent character sheet ( a vehicle, much like "suit of armor as a vehicle", or a Slavishly Loyal summoned automaton), but that's likely overkill.

How about an NND attack' date=' the defense being resistance to cold, with AoE Surface, 0 END, Persistent (maybe a self-resetting trigger that goes off whenever the attack ceases, if you want to really hammer it home), with the spear as a focus and only able to target the spear? It could be dispelled, but you could also make it Difficult to Dispel (or the Trigger brings it right back up again). When he (or anyone else resistant to cold) holds it, no problem. When anyone without that resistance holds it, frost damage. That could also be the cold damage the spear inflicts on its targets.[/quote']How would I do it if I am using the Hero Designer to make Hoarfrost which right now is a Multipower?

Is there any thing I could look at to help me improving on what I have on the Lost Lands (another dimension)?

How would I do it if I am using the Hero Designer to make Hoarfrost which right now is a Multipower?

Perhaps semantics, but Hoarfrost is not a multipower. Hoarfrost is a special effect. The Multipower is a game mechanic which sets out abilities provided by Hoarfrost. This could be all of the abilities it provides, or only some of them.

As the "does damage to anyone holding it" aspect of the spear would always be active, over and above any other abilities it provides. I would buy that ability outside the multipower.

Is there any thing I could look at to help me improving on what I have on the Lost Lands (another dimension)?

It's your character and your background, so your imagination is the source for the Lost Lands. You might want to talk to the GM of the game (assuming this is for a PC, not an NPC) about whether there is anything in his existing game world that might dovetail with your Lost Lands concept. Or you might adapt material from existing gaming supplements, fiction or other source material to develop your concept of the Lost Lands. You're not going to look in a rulebook index and find "Lands, Lost - p 23 - 27".