5Ed -> 6Ed Character Conversion Questions

Pariah

I haven't been able to get to my gaming group a lot lately--they're 40+ miles away, and I've been adjusting to life as a full-time teacher--so I've been slow to make the transition to 6th Edition. Well, I finally broke down and bought the 6th Edition Basic Rules. I thought I'd start by rebuilding two of my simpler (and more recent) characters, Onyx and Morningstar. You know, just as a test-drive, so to speak. Naturally, there's some stuff that's not in BR that I've begun to wonder about. So I put it to you, Herophiles: Can you help me find the answers I seek?

1. How much does Missile Deflection/Reflection cost in 6th Ed?

2. How much is the Double Knockback Advantage worth?

3. How does Striking Appearance work, and how much does it cost?

4. What is the Adder/Advantage to Entangle to block the Sight group?

That's all I've got so far. Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: 5Ed -> 6Ed Character Conversion Questions

Separated into two Powers in 6e

Deflection; (20 Character Points) pg. 187

Reflection; (2 Character Points for every 3 Active Points' worth of Ranged Attack the Character can Reflect) pg. 272

2. How much is the Double Knockback Advantage worth?

Double Knockback (+1/2) pg. 334

3. How does Striking Appearance work' date=' and how much does it cost? [/quote']

Striking Appearance; +1 with Interaction Skill Rolls and +1d6 with Presence Attacks versus all Characteristics for 3 Character Points.

4. What is the Adder/Advantage to Entangle to block the Sight group?

Entangle; Advantages and Adders; (Stops A Given Sense +10 Character Points) pg. 218

Cheers

QM

Separated into two Powers in 6e

Deflection; (20 Character Points) pg. 187

Deflection has changed in 6E. Any character can Deflect attacks aimed at themselves for free as long as they have something to Deflect with. The Deflection Power allows you to Deflect attacks aimed at others at range.

Deflection has changed in 6E. Any character can Deflect attacks aimed at themselves for free as long as they have something to Deflect with. The Deflection Power allows you to Deflect attacks aimed at others at range.

That's a good distinction to know. I have a GM who's run it essentially that way for years, but it's good to know it's official. Rep to you. QM, I'm going to have to owe you. :)

Entangle; Advantages and Adders; (Stops A Given Sense +10 Character Points) pg. 218

Cheers

QM

Clarification: Is that +10 Points to stop a single sense, or a Sense Group? And if the former, how much for the latter? Thanks!

That's a good distinction to know. I have a GM who's run it essentially that way for years' date=' but it's good to know it's official. Rep to you. QM, I'm going to have to owe you. :)[/quote']

I should also mention that the "thing" used to deflect doesn't have to be a "physical' item it could be the use of another power like Blast or Teleportation, etc.

Nice characters.

Another couple of subtle differences in 6e that you should be mindful of:

Both multipowers would qualify for the new Unified Power Limitation (the EC-replacement) if you believe that a drain vs. a single slot should affect ALL slots.

The cost of Density Increase was reduced to 4 points for every 5 points of effect.