Psionic/Dark jedi character

TheNaga

How would i go about making the character have dark jedi powers? If I made dark jedi powers how would I them have a corrupting effect on the character like how using the dark side of the force effect the user? What would the power work the best as psionics? I have thought that he might use his power assassin but I not 100% sure on it. Should he have the the ability to become invsibile when moving since he can move fast? Would give him the ability to good leaping ability as an ability and not a natural part of him? I would like him have them power to clouded a target's mind, causing them to slow down both mentally and physically. This will my first psionic character. How I make where the character it could be a good playable PC?

What equipment should he have?

What advantages should he have based on his look right now? How does he look alien wise? Would look at Star Heroes help in making his natural ability as an alien?

He is a humanoid that stand seven feet tall. He is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under his crimson red skin. Twelve tendrils hang from the back of his head. Each tendril measures two inches in length. The ears do not form a closed ring, but the edges are separated from each other at the base of the ear. His face is broad and flat. Above each of his three large ridged brows is a fin-like crest. Each fin-like crest runs across his head and down his neck. His three eyes are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs with the third eye being located in the center of his forehead. His jaws are lined with sharp, pointed teeth. His chin is long and bony. The hands have two long fingers in a "V" shape and a small thumb on each side of the fingers. A sharp claw comes out each hand’s fingers and thumbs. Both feet have two forward facing toes and one backward facing toe.

Re: Psionic/Dark jedi character

Well, the Force is just psionic powers, so the whole 'corrupting' thing is just the natural tendency for people with power to misuse it. Everybody would get that temptation, so there's no reason to render it mechanically.

Invisible while moving? Sure, why not?

Good at leaping? Sure, why not?

Slowing down someone's body and mind? Sounds like a DEX and/or EGO and/or SPD drain.

As far as it being a playable PC, we can't know the answer to that without knowing the campaign guidelines, how many points he's built on, average attacks and defenses, and so forth.

Well, he should definitely have a lightsaber. A backup blaster wouldn't be a bad idea. A general utility belt with things like a grappling hook, underwater breathing mask, communicator and the such would make sense too.

Based off the description: Decent STR ('muscular'), improved vision ('third eye'), small HKA (claws and fangs).

I always thought the force powers where psionic powers. How would I go about explaining his history how he would leanr to use his psionic powers?

Does Force Camouflage sound like invisibilty? If not then what is because I might give to my character?

Is there any thing I can look to help with the corrputing effect of using the powers for evil and other thing I need. I know there are info on the boards about doing Star Wars for champions. Which ones would be the best help? What other corrupting effect on his body should he have? I know that his eyes that are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs are the first sign of his corrpution.

I always thought the force powers where psionic powers.

Is there any thing I can look to help with the corrputing effect of using the powers for evil and other thing I need. I know there are info on the boards about doing Star Wars for champions. Which ones would be the best help? What other corrupting effect on his body should he have? I know that his eyes that are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs are the first sign of his corrpution.

That's what I said.

That's a Distinctive Feature.

I think you are asking the wrong questions.

You need to decide what special effects you want to model first then work on the mechanics second.

As was already pointed out, the 'good or evil' aspect of abilities is not something that is usually tied to their construction with HERO Powers. It's usually better to use Disadvantages(5e)/Complications(6e) to describe any morality you want.

Since you seem to be asking for assistance on how to convert an example from a very specific genre (Star Wars/Jedi) I would strongly suggest posting this question on the Star Hero Forum as it is frequented by more Star Wars fans than the more generic (and system mechanics centric) Hero System Forum.

How would i go about making the character have dark jedi powers? If I made dark jedi powers how would I them have a corrupting effect on the character like how using the dark side of the force effect the user? What would the power work the best as psionics? I have thought that he might use his power assassin but I not 100% sure on it. Should he have the the ability to become invsibile when moving since he can move fast? Would give him the ability to good leaping ability as an ability and not a natural part of him? I would like him have them power to clouded a target's mind' date=' causing them to slow down both mentally and physically. This will my first psionic character. How I make where the character it could be a good playable PC?[/quote']

Yes, "Invisibility" is appropriate for a Dark Jedi Assasin type character. Heck, even Obi-wan was able to pull off Force enhanced stealth in A New Hope. Heightened leaping ability, while extremely common among Jedi and Sith alike (they should all possess it to some degree or another) I would still consider a Force Power. Clouding a target's mind is also another really good Sith-type power. You could write it up several ways including Darkness to senses (yes, even force enhanced senses like Danger Sense. Imagine a Sith Assasin with the ability to cloud a Jedi's Danger Sense ability.....just imagine...close your eyes.....yes, there it is, that evil smile that comes from realizing the potential mayhem...)

Slowing enemies down physically is also another solid tactic. The method I like to use is Area of Effect Transfer. Any character in Hand to Hand combat with the character gets affected by the Transfer and it Transfers DEX and or SPEED from the opponent to the Dark Jedi. Not only does it slow down his enemies, but it makes him faster simultaneously. And you don't even need very much dice of effect for it to become very quickly devastating.

What equipment should he have?

Lightsaber of course. Maybe two lightsabers (Fights florentine) capable of being combined into a Twinsaber. Throwing blades are in character as well. And this being Star Wars, they can be throwing blades that also explode. And since he is an Assasin trained to strike from the shadows, maybe he would use a specialized Bowcaster for assassinations from afar.

What advantages should he have based on his look right now? How does he look alien wise? Would look at Star Heroes help in making his natural ability as an alien?

Hmmm...so much variation in the Star Wars universe, it's hard to lock on to anything specific. The most effective sort of Assassin type character would probably be a Changeling. Imagine a Sith or Jedi (gone Dark) trained Changeling who could use The Force AND their natural mimicking abilities. They could get in to just about anywhere, do the job and get out without ever being caught...

He is a humanoid that stand seven feet tall. He is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under his crimson red skin. Twelve tendrils hang from the back of his head. Each tendril measures two inches in length. The ears do not form a closed ring, but the edges are separated from each other at the base of the ear. His face is broad and flat. Above each of his three large ridged brows is a fin-like crest. Each fin-like crest runs across his head and down his neck. His three eyes are luminous, sulfuric yellow orbs with the third eye being located in the center of his forehead. His jaws are lined with sharp, pointed teeth. His chin is long and bony. The hands have two long fingers in a "V" shape and a small thumb on each side of the fingers. A sharp claw comes out each hand’s fingers and thumbs. Both feet have two forward facing toes and one backward facing toe.

Interesting description. Definitely intimidating.

As far as utilizing the Dark Side of The Force and having it corrupt the character, I tend to treat that as a Mental Transform (goes against EGO) and when the "Body" of the Transform doubles the characters EGO, they have turned to the Dark Side. This does "Recover" over time though, so the character is not irredeemable. As far as the effects are concerned....it's a Transform, so the GM pretty much has Carte Blanche to mess with the character psychologically.

Slowing Power:

I would go for affecting the SPD of the target. Having one or two phases more gives you a definite Advantage over the enemy (you can react to each of his attacks with a block and still have one or two actions more to go on the offensive).

That also means you can drive him on the Defense (Force him to Block, so you can put all your CSL into OCV). When the enemy can only defend himself, there should be no way he can win (directly).

Useabiliy as PC:

Unless you play in a Game were a Dark Jedi Asassin is "normal" as a PC, he would be most likely useless as PC. I mean, he is evil killer and such a PC either fits into a group/campaign or not.

Invisbiltiy:

Consider using Mental Images or Limited Mind Controll (Only EGO +10 or +20 Result).

The Dark Side:

Unless this a a Jedi Game (wich will feature it's own way to deal with it), I would go with a complication.

Depends on what you are looking for. Everyone's take on the subject is going to be a little different.

Here is a link to the most comprehensive collection of Star Wars related HERO posts:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/84300-Star-Wars-lightsaber-help?p=2135689#post2135689

What do you think of my Dark Lightsaber so far?

Dark Lightsaber: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 42 Real Cost) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6, Limited Power Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness (Only vs. objects touching the blade; -0), Armor Piercing (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1), No STR Bonus (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) (Real Cost: 22) plus Deflection (Real Cost: 20)

• 2 weeks later...

He might be adapting that description (which originally applied to a Damage Shield) from this Lightsaber conversion I posted on another thread.
I was. I am not sure if the way i have the lightsaber right now is the best way to go and what else if any to add to the lightsaber.