popular super heroes and villans

Hazzard

Re: popular super heroes and villans

Start off with - welcome to Herodom!

These boards are great resourses for what you are looking for -

Starting off with if you don't mind spending money (and they still have it) Herodom published several great books that are nothing more than lists of suggested powers and other ways of using the different powers, modifers, and frameworks from the main rulebooks. However they were originaly printed for 5th ed and might be currently sold out (haven't checked :( ).

If you are not willing to spend the money (or only have a question on a few powers), then you can alwasy start a trhead asking how to do this [skill/power/talet/whatever]. Everyone at Herodom will be more than willing to put in their suggestion and any simple power will have multiple methods that people will come up with.

Hope that you enjoy your experiences with everyone at Herodom.

I don't mind spending a little cash. But what I'm looking for is premade batman' date=' superman, wolverine, spiderman, venom lex luthor etc. Don't want to spend hours creating them[/quote']

See the JLA 350 discussion thread in my sig below. It's mostly 5e versions but I have posted a few 6e ones since those books have came out.

Welcome to HERO

:D

I will take a look into that.. Though I am looking for the people like that to already be established in my world' date=' they will be npc's only[/quote']

An important thing to keep in mind is that quite a few of the characters in both DCU and Marvel Universe are what I like to think of as 'benchmark' characters.

Captain America [maximum non-super potential(many threads on what this means) and his unique shield], Flash (fastest speedster), Wolverine (sharpest/hardest cutting blades and their relationship to cap's shield), etc..

As has already been pointed out, you can find many versions (mostly 4e and 5e) of these characters posted by others but unless the entire group is created by the same person they are often not balanced or 'benchmarked' to one another. That is the hardest part. Determining what SPD and DEX Flash needs to be the 'fastest man alive' is a campaign setting or 'shtick' rule more than anything else.

HM

I don't mind spending a little cash. But what I'm looking for is premade batman' date=' superman, wolverine, spiderman, venom lex luthor etc. Don't want to spend hours creating them[/quote']

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscomic/comicchar.html

My personal rule of thumb: always look to Surbrook's Stuff first.....Even if it isn't there already, something like it might be. Many in 6th Ed...Some in 5th Ed....:hail:

Next, though they are all in 5th Ed, is this site:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/champions.html

Even with the version differences, still a good place for ideas.

There are several other sites too....But these two should be, IMNSVHO, always your first stops.

-Carl-

Thanks for the help. Little disappointed that all these established icons are based off 250' date=' that's what I was thinking of starting the players with, but maybe they should start 150-175 ish then[/quote']

Well, remember that many of these versions are designed to be stock items for players who say "I want to be like....." when starting their char...So thus are built at "player levels". As others have said, there are many, many versions available here on the boards....:thumbup:

And, of course, at least one of the versions of Batman an Surbrook's Site ( http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscomic/aju/Batman.HTML )comes in at a total character cost of 845pts.

-Carl-

Thanks for the help. Little disappointed that all these established icons are based off 250' date=' that's what I was thinking of starting the players with, but maybe they should start 150-175 ish then[/quote']

250 points is, in my mind, a really tiny amount of points (and backed up by recommended starting point totals in the book). I think the whole point of the "250 point project" (don't quote me or anything) was to see if it could be done for all these iconic, powerful heroes and still preserve the spirit of them; rather than any assumption that 250 points was the ideal total to represent those characters.

Personally, I have a hard time imagining that Superman, if translated to the Champions Universe, would be built on anything less than 1000 points or so (give or take). Same goes for Batman, with his huge laundry list of skills, all-around high characteristics, and zillion bases, cars, planes, followers, and contacts.

400 points is a good budget for competent, but inexperienced heroes - but it really does boil down to your campaign benchmarks (it's all relative). The baseline Champions Universe is built on this level, but your campaign doesn't have to be. If your Flash has a SPD of 6, just make sure everyone else is lower (IMHO, if there's anyone that justifies a 12 SPD, it's him - but that's beside the point). If your Superman or Hulk have 70 STR, make sure your players know that's the upper end of the scale.