5th Ed. Question: Desolidification(is affected by magic) vs Magical being?

WarriorKnight

Re: 5th Ed. Question: Desolidification(is affected by magic) vs Magical being?

I am not familiar with Bocal Mcfarlane but here's a similar question that might help.

In the DCU there is a character called Deadman who is essentially a ghost who can take over the body of a living person.

If there was a DCU based HERO game with someone playing this character should they be able to take over Etrigan the Demon?

My gut reaction would be no.

edit

and I would be wrong.

Blackest Night

Deadman is later sent by Batman to possess the body of Jason Blood, invoking the power of Etrigan. Deadman uses Etrigan's demon flame to hold back the Black Lanterns, but struggles to maintain control over the demon's body, finally being forced out.

It sounds like a special case GM decision regardless.

I am not familiar with Bocal Mcfarlane but here's a similar question that might help.

In the DCU there is a character called Deadman who is essentially a ghost who can take over the body of a living person.

If there was a DCU based HERO game with someone playing this character should they be able to take over Etrigan the Demon?

My gut reaction would be no.

Bocal is from Arcane Adversaries.(He's a member of the Selvestries Family.)

does Bocal wield magic or is magical

also 8d6 mind control is an average of 28 vs a base ego of 10 give you a +10 on average, +20 with a good roll

so if the target does not mind what you are doing with their body and would have done it anyway they would only break out on a 10 or less

on that good roll you can get them to do things they are not violently opposed to doing but will break out on an 11 or less

what you really need is to drain their ego to 0 and have at least 12d6 mind control along with penalty levels vs their break out roll which on average will be a 7 or less roll

does Bocal wield magic or is magical

also 8d6 mind control is an average of 28 vs a base ego of 10 give you a +10 on average, +20 with a good roll

so if the target does not mind what you are doing with their body and would have done it anyway they would only break out on a 10 or less

on that good roll you can get them to do things they are not violently opposed to doing but will break out on an 11 or less

what you really need is to drain their ego to 0 and have at least 12d6 mind control along with penalty levels vs their break out roll which on average will be a 7 or less roll

The GM says he is magical.We both (GM & I) weren't certain if Ghostwalker could even enter his body.

Well, that limitation means Ghostwalker is affected by magical attacks normally, not (if I recall the rules correctly) that he couldn't pass through a magical barrier, area, or person. I'd lean towards "sure, why couldn't he possess Bocal?" Now - if Bocal has a magical force field, I could see that being a slightly stickier issue special effect-wise.