I've got you

Sean Waters

Re: I've got you

Wait' date=' you build speedster with 100+ meters of combat Movement? That would cost over 100 real points and I think that nobody else would do it that way (not even the books speedster have that much movement).[/quote']

The speedsters from the books are a bunch of old ladies compared to how I build!!! Any speedster that can't break the sound barrier with just combat movement isn't worth the name!!!

:P

Ok, the above is exaggeration, but I do regularly buy 40-60m of regular movement and then have additional meters of movement as a slot in my Speedster Stunts MP (which are usually 60-75 point pools).

So it's not at all uncommon for them to hit 100-120m of combat movement. Usually with a SPD of 8-10.

I know others on the forum that use similar builds.

If you really need a published example, Gauntlet (Champions Villains 3, p131) has 120m of total Flight built exactly this way...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't arguing with limiting movement' date=' remember, I'm swinging to the RAW. Was wondering why you were not simply, for example, halving movement, i.e., 10m flight going to 5m rather than forbidding ncm and megascale....[/quote']

For most movement, halving and blocking NCM turns out the same.

Those who invested in real movment (rather than high NCM) should also get more for their points.

Then the OCV/DCV penalties for entangle are the same (or even worse) than NCM/Megascale, so it wouldn't be a real penalty to allow NCM/Megascale.

I also think Megascale movement needs the highest amoutn of focus/freedom of movement. When you can't even run at your normal combat speed safely, you shouldn't be able to run at mach 1 safely (unless you have 1000m Comabt speed).

When you normally run at Mach 2 then being limited to Mach 1 because your arms are tangled should not be an issue...

Doc

I think we agree to disagree.

I say just because the SFX's of both powers (and not their limitations) still allow you to move somewhat, they shouldn't allow you to move at NCM or even Megascale.

I think we agree to disagree.

I say just because the SFX's of both powers (and not their limitations) still allow you to move somewhat, they shouldn't allow you to move at NCM or even Megascale.

So, someone who can run at mach 2 gets their hands tangled and suddenly the best they can do is 50 mph?

:)

If you reduce the movement and apply ncm and megascale as normal then everything is reduced proportionately.

Anyway - we are coming from diffferent directions at different speeds :)

I will try RAW in future...

Doc