Ideas for a "snake-themed" half villainess

Dr Divago

Hi all

in my campaign pc will meet this woman; even if she's right hand of a master villain, she's not intended to be someone they will fight (at least, not so soon). However, i'd like to write up a characther sheets 'cause sometime (always) things go in different way than intended and i'd like to be prepared. And secondarily 'cause they could fight her in a subsequent adventure.

now, i could need some ideas for her:

she's a mutant with some snake gene; she's apparently human but she got double joint (or triple or more :) ) so she's very dextreous and able to fit inside little spaces. she's also good at fight and mistress of poisons; she's immune to ofidotoxins (snake venom) and also she can secrete a powerful paralyzing venom from her bare skin. Last, but not least, she is "empathic" with snakes and reptiles.

so, let's summarize

- acting and/or social skill just to keep her under cover

- double joint or more

- martial arts; which one? i think someone with a lot of grabs would be cool... but wich one? Jujutsu? Kung Fu snake form? a special custom martial art jujutsu based? or there is a real martial art similar to snake/reptiles? and of course CSL of it

- desolidification, not through barrier, only to fit in small spaces

- extra STR only for grab and squeeze attacks

- life support (immunity to poison)

- poison attack, no range

- animal friendship for snakes and reptiles; maybe animal training for them

- a PRE bonus vs snake like creature?

- summon snakes

- resistant for PD/ED

what else?

Re: Ideas for a "snake-themed" half villainess

I'd add onto the "Desolidification, Cannot Pass Thru Solid Barriers", "Does Not Protect Against Damage" (-1) and "Requires a Contortionist Roll" (-1/2) and of course, the actual Contortionist skill. I'd blow 5 - 7 points on it as well, to make sure she's not going to blow the roll.

Maybe you could also give her Ophidomancy, ie: divining the future through the movement of snakes (even it's only to make the PCs think she is a seeress).

An ability to Summon snakes would be appropriate, as well.

Hope this helps and good luck. :)

I imagine that some of the "abilities" you want the character to have will be largely informed by what backdrop you are thinking of. In various cultures, snakes have a wide array of mystic importance. Some are life givers, some marked by evil, and everything in between. But moving on from that, somethings that I tend to like when I create snake based characters are:

"Skin Shedding" - Shapeshift into any human or snake form.

This also gives you the ability to fit into small spaces because the S.S. allows you to change your size by up to 15%. Add that with the "touch" group shapeshift and contortionist, you can reasonably fit into small spaces.

"Venom" - Various bite attacks built with a standard poison construct.

"Snake Senses" - Enhanced senses.

The suite of senses would be things like: Targeting with smell, Ranged through touch (Ground vibrations / Air movements), maybe heat vision

"Snakes Guile" - Striking Appearance

"Snake Dance" - Mind Control

"Summon Snakes" - Summon snakes.

Various Skills, etc.

As to Martial arts, though, unless I'm building an actual Martial Artist, I leave that stuff off. In the cases where I have built in Martial Arts, I have done with by having a "multiform" for the Snake and human. The Snake would be the personification of of their "true" self and would have various grabs, etc., but not actually be defined as being a specific "style".

Hope that helps.

hmm martial arts would depend on the style you want for her if shes a viper style snake you want a fast speedy style like snake style kung-fu with fast strikes and quick dodges. if you want her to be more of an ambush predator like a boa constrictor or anaconda something like Brazilian jujitsu would take advantage of her double jointed-ness.

if you want a signature weapon whips would be good either the traditional bull whip or for something a bit more exotic like a chain whip kusuri gama or 3 section staff would fit with the serpentine theme

as for other powers Heat vision might be useful and in keeping with snake like powers. another option might be a snake concealed in her clothing that slithers out to kill her enemies

hi all

thankyou for your advices :)

@Vondy: she's half villainess, 'cause i don't know if the PC will allies or fight them

@Freakyboy6117: as for martial art i'd go to Brazilian Jujitsu: she sound more like a costrictor

and @everyone: right! heat sense, ranged to touch and targeting to smell! snake senses! it got... sense! :)