Happy Death Day, Luther Black!

assault

Well, it's the 29th of February, 2012 where I live. Time to free the Kings of Edom.... I guess I'll lead my cult out into the streets and start randomly causing mayhem.

Slightly more seriously: really, Black is a crazy as a barrel of Foxbats. His plan is utter gibberish, with more ways to go wrong than you can poke a stick at. And when you're dealing with the unknowable and unthinkable, only one thing has to go wrong...

Unfortunately, most of those risk the Kings becoming free after snacking on Black's soul, rather than the summoning itself failing. That's the bit that would need to be stopped. But even in that case, it would be necessary to prevent Black from trying again.

I guess DEMON will still be usable, even after today.

Re: Happy Death Day, Luther Black!

Personally, I think Allen Thomas chose the 2012 date for Black's scheme culmination because of all that Mayan doomsday foohfahrah. If you want to use DEMON as presented in the Servants Of Darkness sourcebook (which is excellent IMHO), you really only need to push Luther's 100th birthday back four or eight years.

That said, anyone having played Champions Online will have noticed that

events in the Demonflame adventure pack have kind of pre-empted Black's original scheme; so DEMON's future could be much more fluid.

Re: Happy Death Day, Luther Black!

Who would have thought that it would have been Foxbat that saved us all?

Without his attempt to free the Kings of Edam, whose knows what would have happened?

Of course, now he has the power of an evil chaotic cheeselord, but what else is new?

At least the Vegemite's Master Plan to free the Plant Kings failed, despite succeeding in getting a large proportion of Australia's population to simultaneously chant the necessary incantation.