Cool Things to Put in a Base

Agent X

One of the things that our HQ had in the Strike Force: Boston campaign was hologrms for the automated systems. Our communications gear was operated by Lt. Uhura, Scotty ran most of the Tech Labs and Power systems, Mr. Spock handled all the hard science labs and the computer itself. Dr McCoy operated the Med Lab and Autodoc while Sulu was in the Armory. We were lectured by whoever seemed appropriate for the subject matter when we called up information and Sherlock Holmes ran the Criminology Lab.

The base was also populated with several colorful NPCs such as our Japanese Gardener - Ling Tsung Tsoa who was constantly complaining about the tunneling that Rock, the team brick, did. "Big ugly Gopher, he dig up front lawn again!" :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some great ideas here--I love the electronic phantoms. Some of my ideas:

I've always subscribed to the mall model, where the second and third floors (or more) are open in the center. With flyers, teleporters, giants, leapers, gliders, etc. opening up the area as much as possible seems obvious to me. Not to mention the battles that will invariably occur -no matter how secure you make it! In fact, security is overrated. Do this on the cheap. Save some money. If Viper wants in, they'll get in.

And a river of pure chocolate running through the whole facility.

And Oompa Loompas.

Don't know if anybody mentioned these, but:

A zero-gravity room

Force wall projectors (invisible force walls if the base AI is a prankster)

Trophy cases in the entry way, with mementos supposedly from conquered foes. These are fakes with tracking beacons, to catch thieving would-be supervillains.

A rubber room

A "Deathtrap Challenge" room (always good for attackers to wander into). This room can be filled with water, emptied of air, or have flames or freezing cold generated inside.

Self-repairing walls and doors

Muzak in the elevator. Of hard rock.

Originally posted by umbra

Anybody mention cable TV? And maybe Tivo so you can catch all the shows you missed saving the world?

Also Dexter's Lab would be a great place to get ideas...

Think of the possibilities of the AI recording everyone's TV shows...

"Computer, what's the red alert for?"

"I can't believe it, she actually dumped him, but only because she thought that he was cheating on her when actually the other woman was blackmailing him."

"I think the CPU finally overheated."

On the cheap

Once, I build a headquarters with reinforced concrete.(DEF 8, BODY 5) Since I wanted it to be cheap and easy to fix when (not if) the supervillians attacked.

Hero becomes trapped within the headquarters and has to escape with only her trusty 8D6 EB. **ZOT** (Wall takes 10 Body, is damaged but still holding) "Man, that's one tough wall."

I think the most amusing thing that we came up with for "Team Zenith 3's" base was (Drum Roll please !) The Giant Clockwork Generator". This was one of our back up power generators and could only really exist because one of our team members ("Widget") had the power to invent thingds out of whatever was handy that worked (Mainly because SHE invented them or was there to ensure that they worked). The generator was operated by a crank handle and was normally cranked up by our muscle man ("Knight", later "Balckwing") but it was geared so that ANY member of the team could wind it up. The sight of 5ft 2", 48 Kg "St Barbara" flying around the crank handle (and yelling out "Whee !") had everyone amused !

Muzak in the elevator

Originally posted by Battlestaff

Only if it's set to activate when an unauthorized person attempts to use the elevator.

A few years back at GenCon, I played in a Hellenback Champions game where we assaulted the bad guy's base. After dealing with the underlings in the lobby, we get on the elevator up to the penthouse office of the big baddie.

At this point, the GM starts "singing" the muzak version of Girl from Ipanema. The contrast in the middle of the Grand Assault was hilarious.