Help with Turakian Age conversion

shincan

Good afternoon! I'm a veteran gamer but new to Hero. I just picked up 6E and Fantasy Hero. I'm wondering if I will have lots of trouble converting stats from The Turakian Age to 6th Ed. Will it still be quite useful even though it is founded on 5th Ed? (sorry if I should have posted this elswhere--this forum is huuuge and awfully distracting, in the best way possible)...

Thanks!

Re: Help with Turakian Age conversion

You shouldn't have any trouble at all. Conversions are pretty straightforward, really; a lot of the time you can just eyeball it during play.

No worries on the posting. But since only I can respond here, I'm moving this to the Fantasy Hero board in case anyone's already done some of the work or has other advice they can offer you. :)

Conversion in the Turakian Age?

First you send in missionaries to teach the heathen the nature of the True Gods and tell them they should be following the Hargeshite Faith.

If they stubbornly cling to their superstitions, or worse, embrace heresy, then raise an army and declare holy war!

Oh. wait. Not that kind of conversion?

Even easier. The changes had more to do with changing what things cost, than how they work.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wanted to sponsor a mission to the Ulronai, but no religion WANTS to convert the Ulronai.

The great majority of The Turakian Age sourcebook is background and setting information. The amount of game-stat material in it is relatively small. Often TA refers to relevant sections of 5E Fantasy HERO, the two Fantasy HERO Grimoires for 5E, and the HERO System Bestiary and Monsters, Minions, And Marauders for 5E, when pre-generated game stats are called for. Since there's now a 6E FH book, a 6E HERO System Grimoire which subsumes the fantasy grimoire, and a 6E Bestiary which incorporates the old MMM material, a lot of the relevant conversion for using Turakian Age has already been done.