I Am Alive (post-apocalypse)

Claire Redfield

I just played the demo for this game and the tone and atmosphere is fantastic. Totally inspired a desire to play a game like it. Since room just opened up on my schedule, I'd like to maybe take on something like this on RPOL or maybe try out that HERO central. It'd be post-apocalyptic survival horror/adventure set after "the Event" (whatever that is; doesn't even have to ever be explained) that ruins the world. Seems like it'd be really fun.

A little more on the setup: this is much more a survival horror/survival adventure kind of thing. It's dangerous, you sometimes have to fight and kill to survive (with possible supernatural elements?), there are mysteries to uncover and possibly we organize an attempt to rebuild a community at some point. It's not Mad Max. It's much scarier and more serious in tone.

What do y'all think? Anyone else play the game? Anyone else have a desire to game something like it?

I have yet to really use HERO, so I'm looking for a good learning campaign. Seems like something like that would be pretty good for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: I Am Alive (post-apocalypse)

It would be awesome for it, just keep the character points low with few if any enemies having more than 8 or six body. The game was good but there is a point where you have to fight four guys and I only have one bullet so I cant get past it.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be awesome for it' date=' just keep the character points low with few if any enemies having more than 8 or six body. The game was good but there is a point where you have to fight four guys and I only have one bullet so I cant get past it.[/quote']

You can threaten people with your empty gun. If you keep it pointed at them, they tend to stay back or sometimes even retreat. You can use it to get into a good position to escape.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I remember of "The Event" from the I Am Alive trailer that's on YouTube, it

looked a lot like the opening minutes of the California sequence from 2012, right after

the Governator foolishly invoked the Demon Murphy by speaking the dreaded incantat-

ion "The worst is over".

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

PRE attacks: how do they work in a post-apocalypse setting?

You have to determine the maximum "realistic" amount of PRE a human can have, what bonus/penalty negation a firearm bestows, and what the penalty is for approaching/defending against a group (instead of just one person).