Anthropomorphic Fantasy to HERO ???

TheQuestionMan

Re: Anthropomorphic Fantasy to HERO ???

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

Greeting HERO files , Looking for Anthropomorphics this time . You know Usagi Yojimbo , TMNT , Albedo , RedWall , etc... ( this came up after checking out the Sengoku to HERO thread )

Thanks in adavnce for the help :)

My savage Earth campaign is nt a true anthropomorphic world, but there are intelligent talking humanoid animals in it. The main page is here . and the page on the Beasts (furries) is here .

Use what you can.

Keith "SELogoSM.gif" Curtis

Originally posted by Rick

Mr. Curtis I'm quite impressed W/your sites presentation, I like it very much. Do you use CC2 for mapping?

Thanks Rick,

No, I use Adobe Illustrator pretty much exclusively for mapping. It's highly scaleable and has a better printed output. Also, I've been using it since 1988, so I'm pretty comfortable with it. Besides, I don't think CC2 is Mac-compatible, at least for composition.

Adobe Illustrator is also the program I use to make maps for Hero Games.

All of the artwork is a combination of traditional, Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.

Keith "grooves on feedback" Curtis

I think there are a few feline type or canine-type racial packages in Fantasy Hero (or maybe it was Star Hero). From another game system, Jadeclaw and Ironclaw are both anthropomorphic fantasy games, I am currently in a Jadeclaw campaign. Jadeclaw is a point base system and would be fairly easy to translate to Hero. In order to balance the races, each race gets four prefered skills and a prefered sense. All other bonuses and powers are point based. The way Jadeclaw deals with different races is that each race has different package deals, example for lynx(my character's race)

Lynx:

Racial Sense: Listen

Racial Skills: Stealth, Jumping, Acrobatics, Climbing

Racial "Powers": Claws, Teeth, Nightvision

(this is from memory so it might not be correct)

For this system all felines have the exact same package, the difference is how you buy your stats. For Hero I would change the package to increase dex for lynxes and strength for lions of tigers.

For Fantasy Hero I would just look at each race and build packages similar to this. Determine what physical weapons each race has (teeth, horns, hooves, claws, etc), what their major senses are and give a PER bonus for that sense group(vision, hearing), any special powers or disadvantages (nightvision, poor sight) and what skills make sense. Dogs are pack animals so may have better tactics and teamwork abilities. Also determine base attributes for the animals, high strength for oxen, high dex, running and jumping for some cats.

The game would determine whether or not Distinguished Feature would be a disadvantage. If the entire world is anthromorphic I may not use it, if its TMNT where the PCs are mutants in an otherwise normal world it would definitaly count.

Sanguine's website has a summary of racial packages on its website under downloads.

http://www.sanguine.com/Downloads/

Re: Re: Anthropomorphic Fantasy to HERO ???

Originally posted by keithcurtis

My savage Earth campaign is nt a true anthropomorphic world, but there are intelligent talking humanoid animals in it. The main page is here . and the page on the Beasts (furries) is here .

Use what you can.

Keith "SELogoSM.gif" Curtis

That's some really nice work there.

BTW, who did the artwork? You?

Re: Re: Re: Anthropomorphic Fantasy to HERO ???

Originally posted by FenrisUlf

That's some really nice work there.

BTW, who did the artwork? You?

Thanks, yes all the artwork is mine. I sometimes use the site as an impromptu portfolio.

You might see some of my published stuff lurking around in the Hero books as well.

The site began as basically a place to keep all my game notes. I like the cross-indexing that html gives you. Then it just grew.

Keith "and grew... and grew..." Curtis