More Types Of FH Magic

Steve Long

Originally posted by Alcamtar

Munchkin Magic (Hackmaster style spells, like "bouncing betty fireball", "shift blame", "nuclear winter fireball", "teleport intercampaignia", etc. Okay maybe not so useful but it would be good for those who like silly campaigns.)

Actually yeah, this would be great--but do your best to make the spells themselves broken. Megascale AOE RKA, SPD xfer, etc., the sort of stuff you see in the 'broken powers' threads. It might actually take away some of the motivation for munchkins to try and break the system--look, it's already been done! Plus it might make for the occasional goofy game.

I don't have FHG yet. I consider it a lower priority purchase because I usually create all my own spells. I don't know if you've covered this already, but I would like to see spells that are less flashy and less combat-oriented. I run a campaign that might be described as low fantasy, even though magic is very common. Most really useful spells come with some drawback. Healing spells may require the caster to first take on the wounds of the patient, or cause the patient to go into a temporary coma while healing, for example.

Have you covered "Dream Magic"? One of my favorite spells that I created (even though I don't get to use it very often) for a dream mage is a Mind Control with Gradual Effect. Over the course of weeks, the target has dreams which gradually influence his thinking, and thus his behavior and personality.

Another favorite spell of mine is for a desert-wandering holy man with "survival magic." He has a create food spell that requires him to cut off pieces of his own flesh which then turn into food. This does no damage to him and causes him to gradually get thinner each time he uses the spell. He keeps himself fat when he can, and subsists on his own excess weight when he can't.

Hmmmmm for the idea of Commerce magic how about a spell for fences that renders a noun(s) untraceable?

Link based magic (watch those hairs and nail clippings!!!!!)

For song magic I'd suggest You-Know-Who but her Lark and the Wren books not the You-Know-Where books.

how about tatoo instead of just runic magic.

seen the episode of Smallvill with the Kryptonic Rune magics?