Array - the Mistress of Duplication

BhelliomRahl

Good day.

I'm a big fan of the Gold Digger comics and one of the most interesting characters is Array (Pre-Dreadwing). This character can create elements (other bodies) which can possess any form (Although can create male form, can't create male personality), ability (physical and Supernatural) or skill shes desires. When first created each form gains a new personality. She can create or remove these elements at will but the personality is permanently a part of her, always talking in her head. Although (Can recreate a previous element and it will have the same personality) Harmony exists and Array remains the dominate party in control.

I have a game coming up and the GM has said to go wild with our character designs, so I was thinking of building Array.

My Ideas:

Duplication - Inherent, Range Recombine, Altered Duplication 100%. approx. 500 build points. x 20 dupilcates

Mind Link - Limited Class of Mind - Elements Only, No LOS, Psychic Link. Dimensional.

The main issue is how to represent the fact that the personalities remain in her mind. Its more than story because each element would have a knowledge set which they could impart to Array as need especially as they share her perception.

What ideas do people have?

Re: Array - the Mistress of Duplication

I would think you talk about a Special Effect for her main form learning Skills.

What would the game effect of multiple personalities be other than "having skills when not using duplicate X"?

Is she less likely to notice stuff, because she is disracted? More observabnt because more than mind looks at the eyes pictures? Could she multitaks (one personality reads, another listens to music, a third uses her hands to craft).

I could see the other personalities be built as a Computer (that is part of her body), but would need more information about game effects before I know if that is helpfull.

I would think you talk about a Special Effect for her main form learning Skills.

That is one of the option I considered

What would the game effect of multiple personalities be other than "having skills when not using duplicate X"?

Is she less likely to notice stuff, because she is disracted? More observabnt because more than mind looks at the eyes pictures?

Each personality would have different interests and knowledge, meaning how they percieve the world around them is different. I guess a good way to describe the effect would be to get 50 people (each person has different skill, knowledge & powers) in a room with a moniter at one end and each of them has a microphone & headphones. Array walks around outside the room in the real world with a head mounted camera and headphones & microphone connected to all the headsets in the room. As Array does stuff the people in the room can choose to observe or talk amoungest themselves and comment on what they see.

Example: Array is looking for entrance to the warehouse, as they are looking they see entrances. She moves to a door and a Thief persona who was watching could say stop that door has alarm on it and point it out. Array could ask the Thief persona if she could bypass it; if yes the thief could point it out if simple or Array could summon that element or if the theif cannot bypass it, an element could be created that is capable of bypassing the door which in turn creates a new personality and adds another person to the room. Of course while this is going on a Hulk like persona could be shout to smash the door and an architect could be analysising the structure for other entrances but the key point is that the persona are all in harmony,

Important to note is that Array perceives the personalities as they elements but Ghostly. Whether these visions are part of Array's coping mechanism or that the personalities actual project themselves and therefore can percieve indepentantly of Array would be an important question to answer. I think that might come down to the points I have left at the end.

Could she multitaks (one personality reads' date=' another listens to music, a third uses her hands to craft)[/quote']

Array could multitask but each of them has independant memories although Array can draw upon that knowledge although they can chose to share that knowledge between themselves

I could see the other personalities be built as a Computer (that is part of her body)' date=' but would need more information about game effects before I know if that is helpfull.[/quote']

That is a very interesting method; create each personality as an A.I. Computer when a body is created possible using Summon (Summon would have to have no task/time limit- GM Approval) the personality enters it.

Array might end up being "plot device" powered.

Our GM loves using characters as plot devices - In one game my character organised the assasination of the Emperor. Turned out be someone disguised as me but using all my resources to accomplish it. Due to the party attempting to save their own selves we end kill all but 2 of the party. (I survived)

Each personality would have different interests and knowledge, meaning how they percieve the world around them is different. I guess a good way to describe the effect would be to get 50 people (each person has different skill, knowledge & powers) in a room with a moniter at one end and each of them has a microphone & headphones. Array walks around outside the room in the real world with a head mounted camera and headphones & microphone connected to all the headsets in the room. As Array does stuff the people in the room can choose to observe or talk amoungest themselves and comment on what they see.

Example: Array is looking for entrance to the warehouse, as they are looking they see entrances. She moves to a door and a Thief persona who was watching could say stop that door has alarm on it and point it out. Array could ask the Thief persona if she could bypass it; if yes the thief could point it out if simple or Array could summon that element or if the theif cannot bypass it, an element could be created that is capable of bypassing the door which in turn creates a new personality and adds another person to the room. Of course while this is going on a Hulk like persona could be shout to smash the door and an architect could be analysising the structure for other entrances but the key point is that the persona are all in harmony,

Important to note is that Array perceives the personalities as they elements but Ghostly. Whether these visions are part of Array's coping mechanism or that the personalities actual project themselves and therefore can percieve indepentantly of Array would be an important question to answer. I think that might come down to the points I have left at the end.

That sounds like she is simply a Skill Based super. The same way some are power based or Characteristics based supers, some are simply "Superskilled".

Array could multitask but each of them has independant memories although Array can draw upon that knowledge although they can chose to share that knowledge between themselves

On the one extreme, "Skill Levels, only to counteract the penalty of rushing a Skill".

On the other: Duplication, total Feedback (Mental, Damage, but also healing). A duplicate - so you have a seperate set of SPD and actions - but also affected as one being from damage, KB, and Mental Powers.

Middle way comes next.

That is a very interesting method; create each personality as an A.I. Computer when a body is created possible using Summon (Summon would have to have no task/time limit- GM Approval) the personality enters it.

I was more thinking about the middle way between Skill Levels and Duplciation. I'll make examples for 400 point supers:

She has a group (5 poitn doubling rule) of Duplciates on 400 points, 25% difference (100 points).

She also has a group (5 point douling rule) of Computers, each built on 100 points (or slightly more for Characteristics).

Each time she activates a Duplciate she can choose to give it a Personaltiy. She looses the access to the Computer in her head, but also gains a duplicate with the Skills of the Computer.

On Metal Powers:

How hard/easy is it to control her? Could a sub-personality be controlled seperately? Could the sub-personalities deny her access to her knowledge because they know/deduced she is mind controlled?

She could be very easy to detect but hard to affect (she is a cluster of personalities).

If you do it as an AI, you could have a lot of fun with the +5 point doubling rule. Buy one AI and then pay 20 extra points for 16 AIs.

Since the character is female, I suppose you could also call her Harem. :)