Thw Westren Shores magic

Ninja-Bear

Re: Thw Westren Shores magic

It was an interesting idea' date=' akin to the 'must have 10 points' rule for Martial Arts. [/quote']

That's what I thought. I did back in the day like this limitation for martial artists for their special manuevers (i.e. powers) as I think it helps define why just anybody can't spend the points for awesome ability but no skills.

I just yanked those out when converting, and applied the Spell limitation from FH, where appropriate. It's only a difference of a point or two in most cases.

JoeG

I have yanked it out, but what is this spell limitation you speak of? The only FH I have is for 4th. Is it something along the lines of real weapon sorta type of limitation?

I have yanked it out' date=' but what is this spell limitation you speak of? The only FH I have is for 4th. Is it something along the lines of real weapon sorta type of limitation?[/quote']

Something like that. It folds a bunch of maneuvers and other stuff that attack spells can't do, and suggests a small limitation value, at the GM's discretion. It really wouldn't break anything to not include it.

JoeG

That's what I thought. I did back in the day like this limitation for martial artists for their special manuevers (i.e. powers) as I think it helps define why just anybody can't spend the points for awesome ability but no skills.

In fact, when it's mentioned in FH 6e, it's pretty much just an optional cost reduction due to the combat maneuvers that can't be used with spells, nothing more. And since the list of maneuvers that can't be used with spells is really up to the GM, it's not something that's necessary at all.