Need Help Building a Spell

Darkhope

I'm trying to build a spell for a character and I just can't seem to figure it out. The player wants to cast a spell on any person. The spell is a damage shield, I'm thinking 1/2 D6. The spell only last about 5 minutes. Once its been cast on a target the caster can leave the target and the target still has the benefits of the spell. I see I need usable by others at range simultaneously o end persistant (no LOS). The problem I'm running into is how to make this spell last a timed duration of 5 minutes without using continuing charges... He wants to be able to cast the spell over and over again for a group of 8. Say the group gets in two fights, for all to have the buff that would be 16 charges lasting 5 minutes which is another +1 advantage. Anyone see a better way? Thanks for your suggestions?

Re: Need Help Building a Spell

Darkhope's Aura: (Total: 10 Active Cost, 4 Real Cost) Blast 0 1/2d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (4m Surface; +1/2), Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (10 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Requires A Magic Roll (Skill roll; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4) (Real Cost: 4)

Lucius Alexander

House of the Palindromedary

Here is how I would do it:

The Unquiet Flame: Killing Attack - Ranged 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (1m Surface; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Time Limit (5 Minutes; +1), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1 1/4), Recipient must be within Limited Range of the Grantor for power to be granted (40 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 40 active 27 real

Obviously you can add in more limitations to make it cheaper and more spell-like.

What about the 5 minutes?

Any Uncontrolled Power needs a shut off condition. I'd say a time limit, plus easily dispellable (anyone making a Magic roll at -2, maybe) would cover it.

What I should have asked, is, does he want to be able to cast the spell on a whole group at once, or is it okay to do so one at a time? My write up is set for one at a time.

Lucius Alexander

Summon Palindromedary

I'd use the Differing Modifiers rules for Usable On Others.

The Usable On Others Modifier would break down as follows:

Grantor can give power to one recipient (+1/4), x8 recipients, one at a time (+1/2), for a total of +3/4. The recipient pays the END and controls the use of the Power, and can go anywhere after receiving it.

Damaging Aura: Killing Blast 1/2d6; Area Of Effect (personal surface; +1/4), Constant (+1/2) (17 Active Points); No Range (-1/2). 12 Real Points.

Grant Damaging Aura: Damaging Aura (12 points); Usable On Others (see text; +3/4) (21 Active Points); OAF (Magic Wand; -1), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4), Requires A Magic Roll (-1/2), Time Limit (5 minutes; -1 1/2). 5 Real Points, 2 END to cast, -2 to Magic Skill Roll.