Marvel Legacies

ayinde

I am working on a time line for a up and coming game. what I could use help on is:

1) who are the major heroes of the golden age, silver age , bronze age, iron age, and modern age

2) what are the major story arks. ie arcs that should have national/ world repercussions and why

3) any heroes who really should stay dead when they died the first time

4) any retcons you could live without or you felt improved the marvel setting

5) any what if stories you felt would be good to make part of the main story line

Re: Marvel Legacies

greywind I agree with you on number 3. but I figure story lines that did not have any crossovers could not have been that over arching so I will ignore those ones also stories that take place off world would be off record as far as public is concerned

I am working on a time line for a up and coming game. what I could use help on is:

1) who are the major heroes of the golden age, silver age , bronze age, iron age, and modern age

2) what are the major story arks. ie arcs that should have national/ world repercussions and why

3) any heroes who really should stay dead when they died the first time

4) any retcons you could live without or you felt improved the marvel setting

5) any what if stories you felt would be good to make part of the main story line

The major heroes of the golden age for Marvel were the Invaders.

Silver had the Fantastic Four, Avengers, Xmen, Dr. Strange and Spiderman

Bronze had the Champions and the Defenders, Howard the Duck

Dont know about the modern age, maybe the Avengers again, Guardians of the Galaxy

Kree/Skrull War, Galactus appearing for the first time, JLAvengers, House of M, The Infinity Gauntlet. All of these storylines represented a direct threat to the Earth, then Solar System, maybe the universe.

I can't really think of too many marvel heroes that really needed to stay dead except Bucky.

I can pretty much live without most retcons. most of them suck.

Wolverine as king of the vampires is the one that would work the best.

CES

The X-Men are both Silver Age (original team) and Bronze Age (Wolverine and pals). Also more modern teams, but I don't care.

Plot line: Dark Phoenix. (I'm not sure how "public" it was - it's been a looong time since I read it - but it certainly had potential consequences).

Characters that need to stay dead: Jean Grey.

Though they are now public domain and not part of the Marvel Universe anymore there was a Golden Age Dr(Doc) Strange' date=' Dare-Devil and Vision. Also check out the mini-series The Twelve for some more GA Marvel characters.[/quote']

Marvel has used the GA Vision in recent years so that character's probably locked down. The GA Doc Strange and Dare-Devil weren't published by Marvel/Timely/Atlas and haven't ever been used by them as far as I know.

Marvel has used the GA Vision in recent years so that character's probably locked down. The GA Doc Strange and Dare-Devil weren't published by Marvel/Timely/Atlas and haven't ever been used by them as far as I know.

During the 50's they published some reprints but your right about them not being part of the Marvel Universe there was a law suit which was settled but during that time the MU DD at first didn't wear a costume then for awhile went back to the yellow one.

The GA Daredevil was in action for Dynamite and Alan Moore's Terra Obscura I think.

CES

He was in the Fem-force Universe as Red Devil too, also the GA Blue Beetle was used but was called Scarlet Scorpion.

I believe for the most part both DC and Marvel have settled all the rights problems.