young justice: kid flash

ayinde

From a metagame standpoint teen supers are not nearly as powerful as their adult counterparts. so while fully superheroic toons might have a 60 active point limit on powers a teen super might have a 40 active point limit.

The idea is that you want a single fully superheroic villain (supervillainous?) to present a serious threat to a single teen super. but a group of 3-4 should be able to gang-tackle and drag down a single supervillain.

You might think about allowing (IF these are going to be PCs) each player to have a single 60 active point power but bought with MANY disadvantages to show that they have not fully "grown into" their powers yet.

I wouldn't bother powering down the characters in Young Justice too much. They're not a match for the Justice League, but they've got raw power to burn, and they take on "adult" supervillains regularly.

In other words, the generic advice found in the Champions genre book and Teen Champions doesn't particularly apply to them.

I'd probably build them as "standard superhuman" level characters, and just treat the teen super stuff as part of the builds.

The first Kid Flash is directly and explicitly shown to not be as fast or as broadly talented as a speedster as either the Flash or Impulse. Specifically, he can't run as fast, and he doesn't have enhanced vision.

Two episodes where this is shown that I can remember are the one with the "villain" who blows himself up, and the final episode which I wont talk about directly to avoid spoilers. I have the impression that the event that occurs in the final episode would have served as a speedforce power-up for Kid Flash if the series had survived to season 3 but we'll likely never know now.

He does have goggles, which grant him some form of enhanced vision, though not as good as the "real" Flashes. He is also very likeable in a goofball sort of way and people seem to like him despite themselves sometimes; he might have some social skills...at least the older season two version, and we do see him use is science skills in a couple of episodes either as general knowledge or direct application.

He could have some kind of complication regarding his habit of taking trophies, a mild psychological limitation, but its more of a quirk than a complication so it shouldn't be worth more than 5 or 10 points at the outside.

In season 1 he definitely had some kind of "hits on all the ladies" complication; replaced in season 2 by some kind of mild "protective of " or "in love with " his live-in girlfriend "A" (avoiding spoiler).

You could model him as having better than average Ego, OMCV / ODCV as Fate found him worthy enough to consider not releasing him from the helmet despite a lack of magical talent, but you could also just argue that he was a target of opportunity and merely better than nothing from Fate's perspective.