Couple of Questions.

shafti76

First: I have a player that wants to have a no range energy blast linked to his punch. So when you linking them together what do you link the EB to? Also, if possible can you give an example?

Second: I have an idea on how to do this, but I want to see what Champions players come up with. Oh, I'm using 5th edition: How would you make "Spider Tracers" (tracking devices you put on someone or something to follow it) Thanks.

What is the first power supposed to be? It's usually easier to know what you are trying to build instead of what mechanics you've tried to use. Does he want a double attack, one versus PD and one versus ED each time he punches someone? Or does he want an "energy powered punch"? If the latter, a HA vs ED might be all you need.

A double attack is hugely inefficient. The target will get to apply the appropriate defense vs. each part separately. Make a Hand to Hand Attack (HA) and define it as 'energy' and the character gets to add his STR to the HA. Much cleaner as the final total only gets applied against the targets energy defense once.

Spider Tracers. Detect a class of thing. Link to Danger Sense.

examples:

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

10 INT 0

Cost Power

33 Energy Blast 10d6 (50 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 5 End

20 Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6 (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 10d6 total with base 20 STR. 3 End

27 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense) 11-

15 Detect Spider Tracers: Detect A Class Of Things 11- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense, Tracking (22 Active Points); Linked (Danger Sense; -1/2)

If you go the route of buying an Energy Blast (which I don't recommend, as it seems a Hand-Attack defined as 'energy' is more what you want); you would Link the Energy Blast to the Characters Strength, possibly with an additional Limitation "Only To Punch" so they don't try and use it in some other fashion later on (like trying to get a boost to a Str Lift or something), worth -0.