5thR Susceptibility Question

phoenix240

from 6e1 page 429 & 5er page 339 (the wording is unchanged between editions)

A Susceptible character takes STUN damage (no defense applies) immediately when exposed to the object or effect to which he'™s Susceptible. Thereafter, he takes damage at the time increments defined by the Complication. Once he'™s unconscious, he also begins to take Normal Damage BODY from the attack until he dies or is removed from the object or effect. He does not stop taking damage, and may not Recover from the damage, until the object or effect is removed.

Something else to note

At the GM’s option, the Susceptibility can

inflict damage other than STUN. In this case, each

d6 of STUN damage should be replaced with 10

Active Points of another attack.

A character may choose to take BODY and

STUN from his Susceptibility each Phase even

before he’s unconscious (if so, he should buy the

Susceptibility twice). Be careful with this alternative

— it’s quite dangerous.

From the same page (at least in 6e1)

Personally, I'd say it should be possible to make a Susceptibility STUN only, but as you say, it should effect the cost. However, it seems we're talking House Rules now.

But if the damage can be replaced by, say, Flash or Drain, I think there's precedent for saying Susceptibility is not automatically potentially lethal.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants STUN only Susceptibilities and the Power, Takes No STUN

Personally, I'd say it should be possible to make a Susceptibility STUN only, but as you say, it should effect the cost. However, it seems we're talking House Rules now.

But if the damage can be replaced by, say, Flash or Drain, I think there's precedent for saying Susceptibility is not automatically potentially lethal.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants STUN only Susceptibilities and the Power, Takes No STUN

I think the Palindromedary would be instantly KO'd since Suceptibility bypasses all defenses and a character with Takes No STUN has no Stun :P

Susceptibiltiy in 5th and 6th alike is designed for the "Superman & Kryptonite" Situation, so long time exposure is designed to be deadly.

Making it non-deadly would propably warant a strong drop in worth as a Complication, unless the game is non-deadly anyway.

How about: Succeptibility, Damage is DRAIN STUN?

Halving for defensive Characteristics would apply (it is a rule, not a defense)

I checked the 6E APG's, but all I could find where addiotinal Rules for Vulnerability Effects

Susceptibiltiy in 5th and 6th alike is designed for the "Superman & Kryptonite" Situation, so long time exposure is designed to be deadly.

Making it non-deadly would propably warant a strong drop in worth as a Complication, unless the game is non-deadly anyway.

How about: Succeptibility, Damage is DRAIN STUN?

Halving for defensive Characteristics would apply (it is a rule, not a defense)

I checked the 6E APG's, but all I could find where addiotinal Rules for Vulnerability Effects

That works, of course your STUN is gone longer in that situation (theoretically at least, I am sure some builds wouldn't notice the difference between REC and Drain Return)