Limitations on Advantages

Kristopher

HeroMaker allowed Limitations to be placed on Advantages, and it was an acceptable thing to do among the players I was in contact with during my college days.

However, as far as I can tell, Hero Designer does not allow this. Is this against the rules as they exist in 5th edition?

I'm also interested in hearing the opinions of others on this matter (as opposed to the "legality").

Hero Designer does support this feature.

Take the power titled "Naked Modifier" and tell it how many active points the base power is and then select the advantages and limitation you want for it. (this can also be placed in a "Compound Power" to make a single larger slot.

So this is not a "Dan Says So" situation and is instead a "How Do I" situation.

If you would like I will post a sample power construct using these rules.

It was more an issue of it being confusing for most users (who wouldn't use/have need of the feature) to program it in directly.....placing the functionality on the Naked Modifier ability allows people that need the functionality to have access to it, while keeping the normal creation/application of Modifiers "clean" for the users that don't need it. It also keeps the display of the "Limited Advantage" clear (it's obvious in the above example that the Increased END applies to the Armor Piercing).

• 2 weeks later...